Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tolsen

Going fishing and exploring

94 posts in this topic

Burning cat litter in my wee stove. Burns pretty well as far as I can tell. 

I have tried sourcing wood pellets for quite a while but have until now not found anything locally and do not want to pay transport fees.  Was lucky last night when I came across two 10 litre bags of cat litter in the reduced section of Tesco in Banchory. Burns well as pure bone dry wood, almost smokeless and hardly any ashes.  

1 person likes this

Growing up on my uncle's farm in the midlands I used to have to walk the fields at night prior to lambing season and the nights that were fogged in, were terrifying listening to the local hounds howling away to each other.....I still have issues with watching the warewolf of london type movies.....just gives me the willies...lol

So the fog and mist on the moors, yep you can keep that...lol

Especially at 2 or 3 in the morning....a young man's imagination gallops away in a heartbeat!   I used to do this around the age of 10 or so.....2 or 3 times a night looking for sheep who had pushed out their innerds.

Back in the day we didn't have 1,000,000 watt powered flashlights or as we called them torches...lol

Edited by Willys
1 person likes this

I have just landed in Inchon. Only 69 years  and 38 days after MacArthur. 

1 person likes this

As a better alternative to cat litter I am now testing out a modern toilet seat. The one you can see below. 

5674-E59-B-E99-D-4139-959-F-B9-CA0-B1727

Will flush your anus etc, heat and dry your bum plus a lot more. 

Did these ever catch on in Canada?  Must be better than sliced bread on cold wintry days. 

11 minutes ago, tolsen said:

As a better alternative to cat litter I am now testing out a modern toilet seat. The one you can see below. 

5674-E59-B-E99-D-4139-959-F-B9-CA0-B1727

Will flush your anus etc, heat and dry your bum plus a lot more. 

Did these ever catch on in Canada?  Must be better than sliced bread on cold wintry days. 

Not that I've seen unless the young in downtown Toronto are using them.......seeing as it's so difficult and inconvenient to turn and wipe one's own arse hole afterwards?      I if I sat on one of these would still use toilet paper.....can't imagine it getting things clean by using a water-pic spray and a hair drier.....lol...Unless it's attached to a 2500lb steam cleaner and a heat gun....lol.   Then that brings up thoughts far past just wiping ones bum now doesn't it....augh!

First test completed and I must admit I am impressed. Only one wee problem.  Took me a few minutes to read the Korean characters but I did succeed in the end.  Also tested my arse with toilet paper.  Concluded paper after the arse clean was  still good to blow my nose. 

1 person likes this

Hmmmm.....?   Not sure I'd be placing my shoes that close to any toilet if any males were using it....lol

Hmmmm......  impressive.....dual use toilet paper, arse wipe then a snot rag all in one use.....WOW...!    Not sure i'd use it in that order personally...lol

Saw a piece on the London CTV2 news in just the past 2 weeks about those toilet seats.

They are available here but don't anything about them.

I'll probably never get to try one either as I'm sure buying a cple more used Smarts would be cheaper and more useful too.

1 person likes this

Last Dec I bought one of those seats from Costco. It was $450 delivered to my door. An easy install - hook up to water supply and plug in to electricity. I'm very pleased with mine.

I was originally exposed to this ''technology'' at a high end resort in Mexico. It was a Japanese Toto - VERY impressive. My sister had a Toto installed more than a year ago and loves it. Hers is better than mine but cost around $1600.

The one from Costco is a Brondell Swash 900/1000 - American made, 1 year warranty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPg5paJ3VK0

Hmmmm......I can buy another smart or two for the price of the big one.....and can still twist to wipe....besides I'm not sure I want a jet of hot water shot up my arse to wash it after taking a dump.....dang......is it that hard if you haven't ripped out your back to wipe your own arse...?    Seriously...?     No offense meant to anyone who already enjoys this feeling...Hmmmm....?...lol

OK, you convinced me, tomorrow I'll go out and buy a water pic and see if that does the same sort of job.......lol.

I wonder........do they sell them at the dollar store?   Hmmmm....?

1 person likes this

Needs chinese diesel heater blower unit to dry surface area completely......lol

Used them in Japan.  Very nice.  Don't hit the lady spray button.  Never tried cat litter myself.

I was given a rather strange combination of yoghurt, blueberries and garlic last night:

447FE3F4-FB14-4397-9975-0B957D0128EF.jpeg

That reminds me of the mess our old pet rabbit used to leave.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

That reminds me of the mess our old pet rabbit used to leave.

Rabbit chilli......the very reason I don't eat chilli.....lol.....looks as if it's all ready been through the system.....so sorry no F'n way....augh!

Who asks for blueberries and Garlic in the first place...?     Frig'in Scott's......lol      You'll need a pint of swill to drown it down...lol