Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tolsen

Going fishing and exploring

94 posts in this topic

I am in Korea just now and the locals are trying their best to feed me western foods but do usually come up with some really weird food combinations. 

17 minutes ago, tolsen said:

I am in Korea just now and the locals are trying their best to feed me western foods but do usually come up with some really weird food combinations. 

Korea.....??????

WHY....?   just curious....send pics....

I’ve just received some tuition on the proper way to gut eel. 

징그러운

Hmmmm.....didn't watch, I'll just stick with BigMac and fries...lol.

Not a fan of them in the live state let alone the skinned version...lol

Not on my list of edibles.......augh....lol

The thing is I am attempting living off the land so must eat what I happen to catch. 

10 minutes ago, tolsen said:

The thing is I am attempting living off the land so must eat what I happen to catch. 

Before you do, buy a heard of cattle and sheep, some pigs and start growing grains.......problem solved....lol.      OR better yet, plant a money tree.......lol

I like it.  For personal transport thats ideal.  Why some people use a 4500lb truck to move a 180lb human is beyond me.

Edited by Chopper
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

I like it.  For personal transport thats ideal.  Why some people use a 4500lb truck to move a 180lb human is beyond me.

Welcome to North America......lol...

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, tolsen said:

Today a rather Smart motorbike 3 wheeler. 

7F2D249A-BDB4-4E6E-A18B-A46422552F21.jpeg

43AFADF3-9781-4719-AFDF-09D3FC2B1DA4.jpeg

I want one!!

Kimchi, beef bulgogi, rice, pickled onion and cucumber, seasoned shredded dried squid and kim.  

9 hours ago, Willys said:

Welcome to North America......lol...

Aye, when I worked in the States my colleagues couldn't understand why I did this insane thing called "walking". "It must be a good mile and a half between your apartment and the office", they said.  Honestly, they offered to let me use one of the firms Navigators so I wouldn't have that onerous 25 minute walk every morning and evening.  I politely declined like the mad blimey they doubtless thought I was.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, tolsen said:

Kimchi, beef bulgogi, rice, pickled onion and cucumber, seasoned shredded dried squid and kim.  

So NOw I know the fast way for me to lose this extra 30 lbs I am carrying around with me.....where are you...?  I'll get my plane ticket today....lol.    I'd almost literally starve to death!....lol

Image result for 1950 3 wheeled vehicles

This is what my uncle had and the background could easily be his farm....lol

1 person likes this

I climbed Hallasan (1950 m), the highest mountain in South Korea yesterday in the most beautiful of weather. Sunny, hardly any wind and not too warm. Got lots of 4K video but regrettably no still photos that I can upload at this time. Providing a photo of my nice Korean guide shot at Songaksan the previous day. 

6A352E41-4386-4D7F-A6AB-AA773640651C.jpeg

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Willys said:

Image result for 1950 3 wheeled vehicles

This is what my uncle had and the background could easily be his farm....lol

That's awesome.  Never seen anything like that based on - presumably - a Brit bike. I can see the modern equivalent making a comeback among the more forward thinking travellers. 

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

That's awesome.  Never seen anything like that based on - presumably - a Brit bike. I can see the modern equivalent making a comeback among the more forward thinking travellers. 

I agree this idea should fly and fly high, but, in reality it won't be as efficient as our CDI Smart  with the MPGs ratings we can achieve also it won't ease the space difference much compared to our car. It can't carry as much either imho.  I like the idea a lot, but I will bet a dozen of the finest donuts to the police fund.....lol....that it isn't, won't be a better vehicle than what we have now!   Both of my last 2 bikes weren't as efficient as the Smart surprisingly even on long distance riding...no city traffic. All secondary roads.

1 person likes this

Had a Newton moment this afternoon. No apple but a kiwi fruit dropped onto my head.  Now too dark to shoot photo so you will have to wait until tomorrow morning for the proof. The kiwi that fell is already in my stomach. Ripe and delicious. 

Double glazing

I am now in a cabin or small country house in Sam-dong about an hour drive west  of Ulsan near Tongdosa. 

Surprisingly this cabin has double double glazing.  About 8 cm gap between the two double glazing panes. Perhaps something you ought to copy in ice cold Canada.