BigEnuf4Me

Touch-screen calibration

8 posts in this topic

I'm really hoping that someone can help me out with the touch-screen calibration on my 2013 Smart.  Over the years it seems to be getting worse to the point now where you really have no idea of where to touch to get what you want.  Any suggestions?

I think you only have two options (well three, if money is no object....) 1.  Replace the head unit with an aftermarket version, 2.  Look around on eBay, etc. for a used OEM replacement, or 3. Spend big bucks getting your current radio repaired (if that is even possible.)  :)

1 person likes this

It's been a while since I used the head unit, but I could swear there was a calibration mode buried deep within the radio's settings menu. Or am I imagining that?

Resistive touch screens seem to routinely go out of whack, and it seems logical that they would build a calibrator into the software to fix it.

I will take a another tour of the radio setting in the hopes that it is there.  It WOULD be logical but when were auto manufacturers ever logical when they cal charge big bucks at the dealership?  :lol:

OMG, it worked!!!  I did it myself and although it was difficult to use the touch screen to get to the correct screens once I got to the calibration screen it was easy.  And free!  I hate to think of what the dealership would have charged me to troubleshoot and correct that.  Darren, you are definitely my hero of the day!

4 people like this

I'm so glad it worked, and that it wasn't just my memory playing tricks on me.

Yeah, that's the big irony is getting to the calibration screen can be a bit of a nuisance if the screen is totally out of whack. But now that you're in spec, as soon as you start noticing it drifting a little bit, you can pop back into the calibration screen and more easily correct it.

2 people like this