Sydney

another project

35 posts in this topic

only two roads get salted in my town....the main access one and the one with a highschool on it...they are really cheap with salt and use just sand instead...roads have been a huge mess since they implemented that plan

she sure looks crusty

I'm not sure the history on this car, but yes we use a lot of salt on the roads in the winter.

I have run into a new problem, while removing the AC compressor I was able to get the top bolt out with no problem, but the long bolt that goes thru the water pump housing has snapped off. Any ideas how to deal with this issue? I need to get the compressor off (it is seized so o don't mind if I have to damage it)

1 person likes this

Ok, I had an offer. 

The owner of the car just called me, he is afraid that the car might turn out to be a money pit. 

He paid $200 for it, offered it to me for $300.

Is it worth it. 

I have all the parts I need to fix it, (including a rust free subframe, and engine with only 108,000k on it)

I guess I'm trying to convince myself if I need a 5th smart car. Lol

1 person likes this

I'd offer him $200 on the basis if he doesn't take your 200 sheets then theres likely to be no one else who will do so.  You've got him over a barrel.

1 person likes this

Tell em you've got 300 in labor on it all ready and you'll get him out of it for what he's got into it 200.

His choice then 200 and he's even or 3 for your time going over it now he needs 500 to be clear n free.

I bet he'll take the 2.

I'm sure you can get more from parts or get it running and sell for more and make some profit.

3 people like this

23 hours ago, tharvey said:

Try and be honourable and give him his $300, it's the right thing to do.

I gave him the 300 for it. It has 4 new tires on it and a new battery. So I'm ahead of the game already.

1 person likes this