Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
letoon

Almost new owner

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I checked for Smart Fortwo EQ for few time now. I live in Vegas, Nevada, and not a lot of buying opportunity. I finally found one with a price I am ok with.

The actual owner let me borrow it for the day by myself (very nice), and we will make the paper work, tomorrow. So today I have to decide!!!

Few things are making me worried, he told me, he is the 2nd owner, he have it for 2 years and doesn't do any service on it. The Smart is from 2014, with 28000 miles and we decide for $5200.

I saw we have to change the battery desiccant cartridges every 2 years, but because Vegas is very dry, may it is not an issue.

I have an other question what is the factory warranty on the battery? "4 years or 50000 miles" OR "8 years or 62000 miles". Should I go to MB to check if everything is ok?

Thank you so much in advance for your advices on this difficult choice and so happy to have finally one!

Welcome aboard.

As to having it checked, if you're not familiar with any vehicle you're going to buy having it checked over by a professional should at least give you what needs to be done now as well as things to be aware of for the future.

Asking them questions as to standard maintenance schedules should give you an idea towards future costs.

Good luck and many miles of safe n fun motoring in your future on this pending purchase could depend on what they discover.