CMac

Weather Tech Mats, Compatibility

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Is there any difference in the floor pan between a 2005 SMART (450) and new models? I'm looking to get Weather Tech mats but they do not have them for the 2005, 2006 model years. Any insight would be appreciated.

See link for reference https://www.weathertech.ca/en/smart/2018/fortwo/floorliner-digitalfit/

Thanks,

Corey Mac

I have a set and they work fine now, I had to build up the front lip under and near the acellerater pedal, it wasn't high enough and kept falling over so to speak. I built it up using black silicon, slowly layer after layer...it works well now!  It took about a whole tube of the larger tube you use in a gun.

EDIT........mine look nothing like those.......looks like they figured out they wasn't working well.   Hmmmm.....They are very expensive to find out they don't fit or can't be cut to fit, which they might be able to...?    Hmmmmm......?

The difference is where the pedals sit, ours pop up from the floor, where to the 2018 model come from? I bet they hang by the shape of those.

Edited by Willys

I think Weather Tech still lists the mats for the 451.  I was just on their site ordering the phone cup holder.  The 451 mats should work for your 450.

The fitted floor liners are completely different. 451 liners will not fit the 450 footwells. 

1 person likes this

WeatherTech floor liners are not soft and pliable like mats. They are semi-rigid plastic trays that you install in the floor/footwell area. They are laser-measured and moulded to fit every model of car they make them for. They are not a universal fit. 

Hello all,

I decided to bite the bullet and try them anyways. Turns out the 451 model floor mats fit very closely. The driver side is perfect except for the "glove compartment" on the floor is blocked by the back lip of a mat, and the passenger side fits very closely, the foam brick that covers the battery is a little tall and interferes a little bit with the mat. A little trimming when it's warmer out and it will fit 100%.

All in all these mats are amazing, the amount of snow and slush they've collected in the week or so since I've had them is unreal. And working off a mobile right now, but when I get to a proper computer I'll link up some photos to show everyone.

2 people like this