Chopper

Door speakers

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've never seen speakers here on a 450.  I don't know why, because it's much nicerm than mounting them lower down on the door and having them playing music into your hip.

img_20200105_130655833-jpg.62412

These 4 inch Pioneers fit nicely, and while they won't give audiophiles a boner they're a big improvement over the stock speakers and bins.

Edited by Chopper

Very nice, interesting. I just updated my simple stock speaker system just by adding the boxes from the better sound system and installing far better speaker in those boxes. It sounds 100% better but adding these also would increase the sound quality greatly I bet!

I also have a cheap after market stereo so I have blue tooth and flash drive capabilities for areas without service, something I bet England no longer enjoys...lol  Areas of dead air that is....

Edited by Willys
1 person likes this

Aye, mine has the boxes too but they're still a long way from being able to manage Thin Lizzy at any real volume.  These add a little depth, a little clarity at higher volumes, and noticeably better stereo imaging.

I'd been meaning to fit them for over a year, and as the weather was dry and mild yesterday I finally did the deed.

We do have areas with poor or non existent digital radio reception.  It's pretty good down here in the middle of the island but @tolsen may suffer a bit in his area.  FM is pretty good all over, bit I'm a slavering Planet Rock fanatic and that's only on digital.

I have a sony CD player that was probably quite expensive in its day, but probably a bit archaic by modern standards.  It can play MP3 CDs so I burn CDs in that manner with 11 or 12 albums per disc.  A poor mans multichanger.  Mine did have the multichqnger from new but it was borked by the time I'd bought the car so that went in the bin.

Edited by Chopper
1 person likes this

I can confirm analogue radio reception is very poor in most parts of Scotland especially the north and west coasts.  For that reason I used for many years to listen to long wave (LW) stations but regrettably very few of them remain now.  In most part of the west coast, fishery wave (FW) stations was all you could tune in to and the audio was particualry poor so little point having fancy speakers.

1 person likes this

i upraded the front dash ones and then installed some 6.5's into the rear gate panel...it sounded great

the door idea looks great 

Edited by LooseLugNuts
1 person likes this