Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

car2go fatal crash

9 posts in this topic

Blimey, I wonder why he didn't stop for the Feds?

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Blimey, I wonder why he didn't stop for the Feds?

According to the reports in the first and second videos, chances are good that he was intoxicated.  If that's the case, then most people who are "under the influence"  rarely make good judgment calls. 

1 person likes this

He was drunk driving is why, simple answer.....he went around the ride check set up and fled......obvious he was drunk and didn't want to get arrested for that.

BUT, again just goes to show how safe for us drivers of Smart car they actually are!    Damn....!   IF he was doing the speeds they say....120 KMPH to a full stop and is still breathing....a good result  imho!   Similar to that Top Gear crash test where they smashed into that concrete barricade at 70 MPH.

Looks like he may not have had his lights on, either.

And the cop that did a U-turn to take up the pursuit came very close to being in a collision by not activating its lights as well. 

The cop had no headlights either? Does no one use their lights over there?

Headlights yes but no “police emergency lights”.  Agree with Darren the police u turn look like it came close to a collision as well.

Oh.  I know my eyes aren't the best as I age, but even I can see a police car without its gumball machine lit.  So it seem could everyone else in the video, though the nearest driver was definitely HUA.

I think that a fair number of chronically pissed drivers were in Car2go to use someone else's cars so the impoundment threat was a big fat zero.