andrespi

Help!!

4 posts in this topic

Hello friends, I am Andres from San Luis Argentina, I have a smart fortwo city 2014, and a few days ago the following problem occurred to me ... The ABS lights went on and on, as if it were an ABS fault, and I also cannot select the reverse gear R in the gearbox. I was consulting in a workshop here and they tell me that it could be the spot light sensor, that this same sensor also commands the abs and the marks. I wanted to ask if any of you can help me with this problem, since here in my city I don't find much information about it. Thank you all!!

Welcome to the site......have you checked your reluctor rings to see if one has cracked?  It's a common issue and will set off your ABS light. It was the first thing I replaced on my Smart.....rust gets under them and expands and they snap.

If you do not know where they are they are on the drive shafts just behind the backing plate for your rear brakes also up front in roughly the same location but on the front hub.

i think you meant stop light sensor instead or spotlight

easy to check...just look to see if brake lights are working...you should also hear a relay clicking on and off when pressing and releasing the brake