Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mickey Fan

Toronto monthly meets

100 posts in this topic

I'll say maybe for March 10, 'cause Friday nights are rarely good for me, but that one is actually possible. At 6pm, and just for a couple of hours.

So put me on the list (with a tentative).

Who is going to confirm that this is a happening event?

From three decades of experience in the car-club world, I'd definitely counsel that we GTA smart owners NOT get locked into a specified evening (IE 'all Toronto smart gatherings are on Friday night.'). Much better to let it float, and perhaps have each of us in turn volunteer to "organize" a gathering, and let that volunteer pick a date and place. Just so that every six-to-eight weeks (or so) there is a get-together that different people can attend...

:drive:

Hi Malcom,

I was involved with The Toronto Scooter Club many moons ago and agree with you completely. We had events as people had ideas or wanted to travel somewhere.

Since I started this post I will call the Phoenix and see if we need reservations. I will book for the number of people who have signed up.

As you suggested, next time around someone else can organize. I think that would also help towards us going to different venues in different parts of the city. Not everyone is willing to drive from one end of the city to the other. We found with the scooter club there was a core membership of people who attended every event and toher people attending based on where we were going and what we were doing.

1. Mickey Fan

2. Toy

3. spinner

4. RichHelms

5. mattdaddy (tentative)

6. Malcolm (tentative)

I love the idea of someone hosting eash one. It gives the chance to try different places and spreads the work.

1. Mickey Fan

2. Toy

3. spinner

4. RichHelms

5. mattdaddy (tentative)

6. Malcolm (tentative)

7. delfasco

8. AL (tentative)

delfasco: It's phoenix, not pheasant. Is that what you meant?

1. Mickey Fan

2. Toy

3. spinner

4. RichHelms

5. mattdaddy (tentative)

6. Malcolm (tentative)

7. delfasco

8. AL (tentative)

9. Annette & Rupert

There's never a "perfect" night of the week that is suitable to everyone, so rotating the dates is a good plan. We like the idea of various members hosting at different locations too. Again, it's hard to find the "perfect" spot with adequate parking and it's a great way to see parts of the city you seldom visit.

Start will be 6 p.m. It may be too early for some but we'll see you when you get there.

I'll be confirming whether we need reservations and booking if we do. Please add to your name the number of people attending for reservation purposes.

Thank you

1. Mickey Fan (1)

2. Toy

3. spinner

4. RichHelms

5. mattdaddy (tentative)

6. Malcolm (tentative)

7. delfasco

8. AL (tentative)

9. Annette & Rupert

1. Mickey Fan (1)

2. Toy

3. spinner (1)

4. RichHelms

5. mattdaddy (tentative)

6. Malcolm (tentative)

7. delfasco

8. AL (tentative)

9. Annette & Rupert

1. Mickey Fan (1)

2. Toy(1)

3. spinner (1)

4. RichHelms

5. mattdaddy (tentative)

6. Malcolm (tentative)

7. delfasco

8. AL (tentative)

9. Annette & Rupert

1. Mickey Fan (1)

2. Toy(1)

3. spinner (1)

4. RichHelms

5. mattdaddy (tentative)

6. Malcolm (tentative)

7. delfasco

8. AL (tentative)

9. Annette & Rupert(2)

Thanks for taking care of the reservation.

I'm looking less and less like a 'tentative' for this Friday, and I'm certainly looking forward to putting some faces to avatars...

Should we inquire about the patio, given the forecast high is 11?C on Friday?

:drive:

Reservation for 15 has been made for Friday, March 10, 6 p.m. Name is Mickey for reservation.

Grat 15% added to bill for groups over 8. Bill per table is best they will do.

Phoenix and Firkin.

See you there

1. Mickey Fan (1)

2. Toy(1)

3. spinner (1)

4. RichHelms

5. mattdaddy

6. Malcolm (tentative)

7. delfasco

8. AL (tentative)

9. Annette & Rupert(2

Just removing my tentative status. Looking forward to it.

Hey Duck. If you are coming, I may throw the bike in the back and show you there. Depends on if my wife is coming as right now I have to put the passenger seat down so that the handlebar clears.

I need to play with that more. I pulled to apart last night to do some setup. Once the snow is gone and road solid again (I live 4 kms back a dirt road) I will ride it

Depends on if my wife is coming

I'd rather see your wife. I'm sure the pocket bike is nice, but your wife is a fantastic lady.

Duck, Yes!!! Come!

Okey dokey!

1. Mickey Fan (1)

2. Toy(1)

3. spinner (1)

4. RichHelms

5. mattdaddy

6. Malcolm (tentative)

7. delfasco

8. AL (tentative)

9. Annette & Rupert(2)

10. Duck (1 - maybe 2 if I can rope anyone into tagging along!)

Reservation for 15 has been made for Friday, March 10, 6 p.m. Name is Mickey for reservation.

Thank-you for making the arrangements.

Sounds like Mike is coming along too... not sure if we're taking 1 car or 2. Probably won't be there 'till 6.30 or 7pm though just coz of the mess of traffic and us coming from Guelph.-Iain

Not sure if the wife will be making it but the pocketbike is in the back either way. The passenger seat is up and the seats are in normal position. I figured out how to do it. It is a small motorcycle that can fit in the back of a smart. I don't think I could drop the top and still fit. It is too tallCan't wait to show you the bike.

I can't wait to see it too!! I won't ask to ride it because I know that's a no no but can I sit on it? Pleeeaze? :)NEW PLAN!Dragon is coming with Michael and I! She's on our way to our office AS WE SPEAK! LOL... so we'll be a little late. See you guys as soon as we can!!-Iain