Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartnhappy

Tuesday April 07, 2020

4 posts in this topic

With all that has been happening world-wide due to the COVID-19 virus, together with today’s (Monday) increasingly bad news, I think it’s prudent to not have an April outing for the Southern Ontario group.

Getting together as a large group in a public place is not a good idea at this time.  This doesn’t mean that those that wants to can’t get together, but as for our regularly scheduled outings, I feel they should be cancelled until further notice from official sources that safety prevails.

Stay safe,

Bill

Given the age of most of the participants in these gatherings I think that's prudent.  I have the same concerns for the Ohio April Fools meet next month.....:)

Hello from Wellington, New Zealand, where I have been since the end of December.  My daughter, son-in-law, and I traveled to Sydney, Australia, from March  1 to 6.  Precautions were taken as per health providers advice - wash hands, wash hands, wash hands, and if necessary use hand sanitizers.  We did walk among crowds at various shopping and other venues.  New Zealand has had cases, as had Australia.  We are watching to see if we have any symptoms.  Hope not, as I am scheduled  to return to North America on March 29th via Vancouver for a couple nights, then Toronto and London on March 31st where some one will pick me up from the airport.  We saw some people using face masks on that trip, but definitely in the minority.  We go to restaurants here, and I've been taking bus rides, as I will do on Friday.

I am disappointed to report that the blue smart that I saw last visit and for the first few days in January, is no longer present.  I saw no smart cars while in Sydney, nor anywhere else I've been so far in New Zealand. 

Maybe things will get better, but judging by the news out of the USA, I really wonder.  There is a Presidential primary in Michigan tomorrow your time.  will be watching for results on Wednesday here.

Greetings all!  I do miss the gatherings.

Alberta

Thanks, Bill for posting this. 

Don & I are staying home as much as possible.  Our only outings are for food.  My last outing was Mar 12 to Costco for groceries.  We will wait with the rest of the group to see when this virus is contained.

Hope everyone is healthy and we look forward to seeing members in May or June or July.

Janet

1 person likes this