acubino

Smart 450 wont start wont open door

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Smart Forttwo 450 700cc, 2003 year.

When I press the key remote, door don't open or close, but it blinking light. No sound for the lock.

When I put the key in the ignition. Car doesn't start, rear panel has a key sign blinking.

I have two keys and I was testing both.

I open the SAM device, all was ok, no burnt no black marks on pin. A little humidity on some pins, but is a minor issue. I open and clear all pins, no water damage on board. Even I clean the cables and connector with WD40. All fuses and connector clean and checked.

Nothing has changed.

How can do?

Welcome to the site......Just a silly question, new batteries in key fobs..?   When you start can it must  be in neutral and foot on brake peddle...?  Anti theft devices....?  just the simple stuff first....

5 hours ago, acubino said:

When I put the key in the ignition. Car doesn't start, rear panel has a key sign blinking.

I'm sure you already know this, but the flashing key symbol means the ignition lock-out is active.  You must press the "unlock" button on your key fob.

Have you tried a fresh battery in your fey fob(s)?

Finally i solved the issue.

The battery of two remotes was change 4 months ago, but probably a defectived o expired battery. Tested and only give 2.6V of 3V.

Also, the ignition lock was active. When I change the battery nothing happen.

Finally, using the Delphi ODB tool program the keys for the car, and all start to work correctly.

Thanks for all the help.

1 person likes this

Did the keys ever work? Strange they just decided one day not to be mated with car, but hey as long as it's running fine now, great, good news.

4 minutes ago, Willys said:

Did the keys ever work? Strange they just decided one day not to be mated with car, but hey as long as it's running fine now, great, good news.

I don't know, i think for some reason the car enter in lock mode. And the only solution i found was resync the keys. Probably another easy method can be used.

Did you just buy the car?   If not it must have worked before..?   Reteaching keys is easy with the right tools......good luck.

I had the car stop recognizing one of my remotes several years ago.  Glenn fixed me up.

Nigel

1 person likes this