GreenBombLittleChickie

Engine lulls

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Just wondering if this is for all Smart users, but I have noticed when going up a hill with anyone other than myself in the vehicle, the engine light comes on and I immediately feel the engine slow down or seem to loose power. 

Is this common? Or should I start investigating? 

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Little chickie 

Hmmmm.....?????

Find lighter friends.....?????

Find smaller hills....?????

Put black tape over engine warning light.....???.....!

I'd start looking around....seriously.....lol.   Any time your engine warning light comes on, is time to stop car and check.....IMHO.....just saying....lol

Does car have just under the full mark of oil in it?  Never over fill, NEVER...!!!!  It doesn't like it and will tell you in an expensive way I hear.

Have you run a code reader on it yet? If so what codes?  

Is this only happening with a fat buddy so to speak and when on your own it never does this..?   Hmmmm....?

1 person likes this

Scan for codes and report back.  Hopefully it is as simple as an over boost code.  

Nigel

1 person likes this

if you plan to keep the car and cant afford a star machine or cant find someone local that has one i would recommend picking up a delphi ds150e ..they can be found on aliexpress for less than $50...they are grey market and use hacked software but well worth it for checking codes and live data on smarts

most code readers will read generic info but i found the delphi much more helpful

edit:you would need a laptop to use it ..i always forget that part...too awkward to run a desktop computer in the car 

Edited by LooseLugNuts

Over-boost is what it sounds like to me.  It can be adjusted by someone who knows what they're doing.   Not a long or difficult job for someone in the know.  I'm going to recommend to you to PM smart142 and see him.  I had the same problem about a year ago.  It was happening a lot and it turned out to be an over-boost issue.  He fixed it a year ago and it hasn't been back.

20 hours ago, Willys said:

Hmmmm.....?????

Find lighter friends.....?????

Find smaller hills....?????

Put black tape over engine warning light.....???.....!

I'd start looking around....seriously.....lol.   Any time your engine warning light comes on, is time to stop car and check.....IMHO.....just saying....lol

Does car have just under the full mark of oil in it?  Never over fill, NEVER...!!!!  It doesn't like it and will tell you in an expensive way I hear.

Have you run a code reader on it yet? If so what codes?  

Is this only happening with a fat buddy so to speak and when on your own it never does this..?   Hmmmm....?

When I did the oil change, I was very careful not to overfill. 

It does not happen when I am alone in the car. Only when I have a passenger.