Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman007

Garage broken into...

30 posts in this topic

The fine for having a fire stick without a PAL is bad enough.

10 hours ago, BWM said:

The fine for having a fire stick without a PAL is bad enough.

Hard to buy a fire stick without said PAL....and a hand gun isn't in my interest range that's for sure.    I have fired enough of a buddy's hand guns to realize that unless you do it regularly and I do not, best to stick with what you already are comfortable with.....I perfer something a bit longer with one of those tubes you look through with graduated cross hairs with in it.....and a red dot laser dot.....It sort of takes all the guess work out of what it is said projectile is going to strike.  lol....Then you also have the option of a shorter pump rock salt fire stick for closer encounters which may or may not be lethal....one rock salt.....one bird shot.......one slug......a graduated teaching tool...no....?

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 3/12/2020 at 9:21 AM, stickman007 said:

I bought a security camera system in Nov...just haven’t had time to install it yet. Will be a priority now.... in the mean time, we bought a hunting camera and mounted it in a tree near the garage in hope that it’ll see something next time around.

Should really buy a gun.... :(

i picked up a hikvision refurbed unit at a decent price ...and bought some fairly inexpensive hikvision colorvu cameras for it...

i am very very impressed with how well they work in low light /moonlight...

i highly recommend them...if the area is total darkness you can simply add an led motion activated area light (the colorvu has a built in led light but i turned mine off because i prefer the brighter motion light) 

the difference between the infrared at night and the colourvu at night is literally day and night..the colorvu with 0.0003lux makes moonlight appear as sunlight (i placed the motion light in the area that has many trees and lack of moonlight/streetlight )

Edited by LooseLugNuts
2 people like this

Posted (edited) · Report post

heres an example of how much better the $100 colorvu is compared to an older chinese ip cam with ir

same lighting ..same area same time of night

Live View (1).png

liveviewir.png

ignore the wire bundle..that is for another camera that isnt installed yet

Edited by LooseLugNuts

8 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

ignore the wire bundle..that is for another camera that isnt installed yet

one with auto-matic mini machine gun attachment..?

If so, send me the link, .....I'm in....lol

Seriously the difference is as you say..."Night and Day:..!!!

Now for the instant warning of activity sent to your cell phone so you get a real time view of who's doing what ...etc...if you need to get out there in a hurry.   Wink wink....lol