tolsen

Corona safe internet pub to stay sane

148 posts in this topic

Can this be done?

Similar experience as the real thing. 

Drink your own beer or alcohol of your choice and a lot cheaper than dangerous pub prices. 

Chat and banter as in the pub. 

100% Corona safe. 

No driving hence no risk of loosing licence. 

Can discuss Smart and UnSmart things. 

This is no joke but something we urgently need just now or we may all soon go insane. 

Get your brains spinning folks. 

Aren't we doing it now...?   I know you're sipping the good stuff while posting...lol.

I was and still sipping. 

Another benefit is no more sour beer. I visited my local waterhole last night and got served awful sour beer as usual. 

The way they are shutting down things here we may have to just sit here and chat.  Price of fuel is down about 25% but there is almost nowhere to go.

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The way they are shutting down things here we may have to just sit here and chat.  Price of fuel is down about 25% but there is almost nowhere to go.

My beater needs fixing, if you want something to do, buddy....lol.  Bring a mask!
Plus I filled her up just before it started acting up at full cost pricing....bastard!....lol

As for sipping, I have a strongbow cider in the fridge.....every time I drink one I end up with a migrane.....so it's staying where it is.lol.

Tonight three of us here in Banchory will try it all out using the WhatsApp. I am buying the first round. 

From now on my internet pub is the only option for social sipping. Just heard the PM advising no more visits to pubs, clubs and restaurants. Also only essential travel but strangely schools will remain open. I bet it is just a matter of days before schools and universities close too. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Happy St Patrick’s Day..... sort of

3824259A-993A-4278-890B-AFF3557979D1.jpeg

I was ordered by the government to self medicate during this time of pandemic.

So I went to the closest LCBO (liquor store) where the man gave me a prescription.

OK, OK, they called it a receipt, but I feel MUCH better now.

Stay well everybody!!

Edited by smartnhappy
1 person likes this

Here's something to chat about if it hasn't crossed your path as of yet.

Hmmmm....sorry not swallowing it....I got half way through and stopped.....does every city/town that got this issue have all these towers?   Then does this idea stay in your body..?   Too much like a conspirisy theory that the gov't is after us sort of thing. Why would they? They require their peons to work for them to pay taxes etc, so to reduce that is counter productive. AI can't do half the jobs humans can do, so that isn't the answer either.    So, I think she's smoked too much bad pot out in California or she's just spun, similar to her oxygen molicules are...lol.   I don't know....just a load of coicedenses to help join her dots? Maybe..? I don't know. I tend to think it's what it is a virus which at the moment we don't know how yet to control it.....next she will find a way to match the Spanish Flu to the gov't also?  Lets just get through the hard times at the moment then figure out what happened.   
To each their own and I know enough folks who drink the koolaid like this and soak it all in.    I'll stick with science just like believing in higher power thoughts....sorry if that upsets a few also.    But it all fun to see people trying to prove their point....I'm all ears if you can prove it with science and facts, then repeat it on command..   A virus operates almost the same every year with slight mutations but we know what it is and how to deal with it once we figure it out the first time. This is a new strain or type of FLU, so until it's figured out, we should be worried about it.

19 hours ago, tolsen said:

From now on my internet pub is the only option for social sipping. Just heard the PM advising no more visits to pubs, clubs and restaurants. Also only essential travel but strangely schools will remain open. I bet it is just a matter of days before schools and universities close too. 

All educational institutions closed yesterday I think, today....get ready for it....this is what he feels is most important....National Parks.....go figure....as if we were all headed up north to hide in a National Park.....yes i know that also includes things in the city, like the war museum or fort york etc etc etc.....but still no more national parks folks.     Now I have heard he wants to remove all cars off the roads!!!!!    In a few days time.   OK, I'm laughing..lol.

I feel the entire country needs to be shut down and see what happens, just like Italy etc, just do it, rip the bandaid off and get it done.....that IMHO will show us if this can be contained.  It should have been done a month ago,we have seen what happens if you don't, yet we follow the same policies as they did.....and expect a different outcome....really...?

OK, laughing is over....I find all this very comical but also very serious as I have a compromised system now I'm told!  So I'm staying put!   I have enough to survive a good month easily....nothing that much different than normal when we had kids at home.

I sit and watch....what's next....lol

All eat-in restaurants in Ontario have stopped serving in their dining area. . Take-out only

That video was a crock of BS. I couldn't make it past the first couple of minutes. I could feel myself getting stupider with each passing second.

1 person likes this

The wingnuts and anti-vaxxers are coming out to play during the present chaos but maybe once it's passed, there will be fewer of them.

2 people like this

With all this free time on my hands now I've been doing some research. Does anyone believe Trump when he claims that the broadcasters are producing FAKE news? Personally I don't really care but it is interesting when theses kind of accusations are not followed up to contradict statements.

That would be such an easy way to discredit the president, maybe they have I don't follow the mainstream news.

Which brings me to this short clip. Is it hogwash? (that's a weird phrase eh!) Here's a non censored site that was sent to me, some very interesting stuff here.

https://153news.net/watch_video.php?v=GKBSO1O7SDSG

This does not even come close to any reasonable definition of “research.”

1 person likes this

Sorry dude, that's all wingnut shit, to be charitable.

2 people like this

Regrettably my pub had to shut down today. Reason:  Shops are sold out of ale.

They are sold out of most necessary essentials like beer, canned beans, toilet paper, cleaning supplies and baby milk. 

Book shops are sold out of bibles. Unsure of their intended use but not as soft as tissue paper.