248 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

im 45 on the outside

and i never got along with mornings...i only see them in hunting season 

Edited by LooseLugNuts

8 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

im 45 on the outside

and i never got along with mornings...i only see them in hunting season 

Fair enough.  Before I retired, I was "on the road" between 2am and 3am, so early mornings are a breeze for me, plus, I am waaaaaaaaay past being considered a senior.

so yesterdays corona related bull shat was mostly on ebay

ive been sourcing cameras for a security system...tired of the local riffraff coming around at night to steal things so anyway ive been trying to source reasonably priced hikvision cameras with night color (colorvu)...long story short last few sellers have been almost immediately refunding me and claiming "out of stock"...but their listings are still listed so something seemed fishy....found another seller after the first three bailed but this time i sent a message first asking if they actually have stock and i finally got the truth...

turns out a lot of overseas sellers wont sell to us unless we use dhl/fed ex etc.....they are saying that anything like ems/speedpak etc that relies on canada post is getting turned away/rejected on arrival because they (canada post) have run out of warehouses and storage facilities to store all the shit they havent been delivering these last few weeks

i bet they will never report that on the news though ...canadian news is so filtered and controlled its ridiculous

...and another today when checking messages for shipments 

Dear, due to the influence of flu, the logistics channel to your country is closed. Please cancel the order. Please choose other reasons for cancellation. I will refund you in full.

I can see this from out of country deliveries.

A friend has been waiting on parts from Rock Auto since mid April shipped through Fed Ex.

As for Canada post I ordered some supplies last week shipped regular parcel post delivered next day by my mail carrier was 30kgs.

1 hour ago, Specter said:

mask.png

LOL....IF you think the simple face masks work, well enough to keep you safe, well there's another boat leaving on a 3 hour cruise with a seat just for you....lol.
Russia and India are just now starting to release their numbers of cases.....I wonder if the USA will stay at the top of the charts .....time will tell.   I think it'll be a close race for top spot soon....lol.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have received shipments from the UK, USA and China in the last two weeks all via Canada Post...

Edited by lebikerboy

I've ordered and received tons of stuff from Europe for my car after March and it has arrived faster than usual, even the stuff going by surface.

my latest covid beef is smokers

i explicitly tell people that if they have to be near me and dont live with me they are not allowed to cough...and i have a bad habit of coughing but i hold it when i need to

and ive had 2 people cough and say "dont worry im not sick its just because im a smoker"..

hello...i dont care if you smoke or not.... dont cough near me 

1 person likes this

oh and these frigging arrows on the floors at the grocery stores ...i follow them exactly

i swear if i get on the news it will be for punching some asshat in the face for getting in my way walking against the arrows because they think they are special

1 person likes this

I think we would get along fantastically IMHO, we thing almost identically on most topics...lol.

When I meet people coming the wrong way and they keep coming I don't move my cart and then if they can still get by I loudly announce that if my wife was here she's beat you to death for not following the arrows...lol.

As for the coughing etc, well....I ask them if they have been tested yet and if not get their ass to a test centre and cover their mouths....!!!!   I don't want to get it!    I also ask them if they have had a family member or close friend die from this yet.....and when they ask if I have....I just shrug ...that seems to get the message across real quickly.......funny how knowing someone who has actually lost someone changes their attitudes!

I am not as mobile as I used to be so walking ...... even short distances can be extremely tiring.   If I am at the back of the grocery store and have just passed something that I needed but missed it by about 4 or 5 meters, I am NOT about to walk all the way to the front of the store just to go back to the next isle and then have to walk all the way to the back of the store again to pick up the missed item.  I WILL walk against the arrows.  I will, however, maintain a safe (2 meters) distance between me and any other shoppers who might be in the area.  If they don't like it, sc**w them!

my mobility is not great either but i still follow the arrows

i qualify for disabled parking but you wont catch me with one of those permits until absolutely necessary

1 hour ago, LooseLugNuts said:

i qualify for disabled parking but you wont catch me with one of those permits until absolutely necessary

I already have the permit.  I only got it at the insistence of my doctor who could see the deterioration of my mobility skills.  I use it only when normal available parking isn't there for me to use and the walk to the mall or store entrance is too far to comfortably walk.  I am currently waiting to have a double hip replacement.  Maybe after the operation, things will be better. 

1 person likes this

it will be way better...i know a few people who did hips and never had a problem

my mom had her knees done with great results...my dad needs hips but is stubborn 

When getting these implants just make sure what it is they are attaching to is good and solid and has good blood supply to.     After the 3rd hip, my grandmother finally gave in.......sad to say....she was very old and weak......not to scare anyone off parts replacements in any way, I'm a firm believer myself. I need a knee but at 62 I'm far out of site yet to be allowed one......or if they could do complete spines I'd be on that waiting list also......oh to be 21 again....lol
The next time I may just take life a bit easier ......won't be as much fun, but it also may not hurt as much at this age. Something I never thought I'm manage, with my attitude.....lol

My dad needed both hips done as well.  They told him "We'll do one, then 6 months of rehab, then we'll do the other with 6 more months of rehab."  He told them. "I'm 85.  I am not going to waste a full year of my life in rehab.  Do them both at the same time."  They did.  Three weeks later, he was out mowing the lawn (with an old reel push mower.)   He lived almost another 11 years.  I'm not quite that old (getting there) but when It gets done, I will also be getting both done at the same time.

Not sure how old Willie is but he looks a little lost......but they sound very much the same.....

3 hours ago, Willys said:

Not sure how old Willie is but he looks a little lost......

Willie is 87 as of April 29th.