tolsen

Corona safe internet pub to stay sane

148 posts in this topic

What’s the site policy on spreading conspiracy theory bullshit? Spreading false information is as dangerous as spreading the the virus. 

I would guess its the same as a pub

just kind of ignore the people you dont get along with

..or I suppose we could gather up a crowd and chase them out of town with pitchforks and torches

Posted (edited) · Report post

I would like to upload a video for all to watch, but it appears there is a 2mb restriction. I wonder if it can be increased?

here's the link , you will need to remove the spaces, then paste it in the URL bar to view it, if your interested

https://     www.youtube.com/       watch?v=    FwvZql6RToE

Edited by Specter

3 posts with links to same Zika virus video. You must have contracted a new brain virus Specter?

1 person likes this

So you think this is a hoax? Tell that to the family members of people who have died.

2 people like this

22 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

I would guess its the same as a pub

just kind of ignore the people you dont get along with

This isn't about "not getting along." This is about posts that are lies, misleading, or false information. CsC should not be a platform for spreading misinformation.

2 people like this

Holy CRAP, the world must be coming to an end....as I totally agree with Darren......augh......!!!!!

IF you think we are not going to see major issues, just look back at China, Italy, Spain , the list goes on and on.....!
Why are we special...?       OK, I know.....we drive Smart cars....lol

2 people like this

im more of a free speech type of person

i have no idea what the videos are and i trust people can judge for themselves what is lies or false misleading information

8 minutes ago, LooseLugNuts said:

im more of a free speech type of person

i have no idea what the videos are and i trust people can judge for themselves what is lies or false misleading information

Nothing wrong with free speech...as long as it's accurate when dealing with such a dangerous topic....COVID-19..and that is only because many will die before we figure it out.  Will we all be one of those many or not, who knows. But I have a compromised immune system I have learned. It took me almost 3 weeks to shake what I had for the last 3 weeks. I'm still coughing sometimes...for no reason..?I am told it was broncular phnemonia with pluracy becuase I have a history of having that group twice before. And the symptoms  were the same.....so  fingers crossed. I know what it's like to stay within your walls for 3 weeks, BORING!!!!  My son just returned from Mexico, he lasted 3 days, then went for a walk with the whole family around his neighborhood!! FFS...!  You can't tell him it's not a sensible thing to do....makes my blood boil!
But hey, until the gov't actually forces people to do the right thing..... whatever that is, we as individuals will not listen as we all think we are right.  And only when it hits our pocket book will we listen  imho. So I agree, start fining the pricks and force then to listen.    Just think IF it is as bad as they say and we could have stopped or slowed it down enough for the scientists to develop something to solve it..?   Less people infected, less deaths, less time off or from work less destruction of our society????

And it cost you what, a few days, weeks or maybe months in your home etc....I don't know....would it be that bad...?       We just hate to be told what to do....I'm one of the first who usually digs in his heals and pushes back.

So you believe it or not, that's up to you I guess....and I'm not speaking of the 5G stuff, just the fact that there is a virus and it is in our country now and attacking us. We had the perfect lesson to watch and learn from and we ignored it...imho. OR we wouldn't be following them almost exactly from some grafts or spreadsheets.  Our numbers are almost identical to Italy's infected rates to the day.....from what I saw today.

OK, thought pattern over....lol....now I need to drive to the drug store to get my meds........just trying to decide if painter's mask with double filters installed with face shield, wearing welding gloves and a pair of coveralls will be enough while wearing a weed sprayer with 50-50 bleach set of a fine spray mist to honk everything with 10 feet of me for the time outside of vehicle......will it be enough...?   Hmmmm.....decisions decisions.....Hmmmm....?   Maybe my mozzie propane fogger would be better...?  By the time I decide the store will be closed....augh!!!!!     OR....I wonder.....do they deliver?    Damn it......lol

2 hours ago, Willys said:

........ just trying to decide if painter's mask with double filters installed with face shield, wearing welding gloves and a pair of coveralls will be enough while wearing a weed sprayer with 50-50 bleach set of a fine spray mist to honk everything with 10 feet of me for the time outside of vehicle......will it be enough...?   Hmmmm.....decisions decisions.....Hmmmm....?   Maybe my mozzie propane fogger would be better...?  By the time I decide the store will be closed....augh!!!!!     OR....I wonder.....do they deliver?    Damn it......lol

Have you considered a hazmat suit?  LOL  And yes, most drug stores and even some large grocery stores deliver.  Even in the booming metropolis of Belmont, the FreshMart delivers.

Naaaaaa, I risked just a winter coat and boots, lathered myself up before in sanitizer and after I got back in my car, then gargled with salt water when i got home.   I think I caught the last bug from that place.....so not taking any chances...lol.   So I'm now good for a moth for pain meds......we'll rethink it in a month's time...lol.

the good thing is the car's running correctly so far.....now where's the wood!!!

Nearly full lockdown now in the UK.  Only supermarkets, pharmacies and funeral homes will remain open.

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, tolsen said:

Nearly full lockdown now in the UK.  Only supermarkets, pharmacies and funeral homes will remain open.

I'm good with that list.....Hopefully I only need two of them so far...lol

couldnt get parts last thursday from my usual supplier (parts source)...they closed all storefronts and are only doing deliveries to commercial account holders

we are soon to be under essential services only order

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, LooseLugNuts said:

couldnt get parts last thursday from my usual supplier (parts source)...they closed all storefronts and are only doing deliveries to commercial account holders

we are soon to be under essential services only order

We're there already buddy, starts tomorrow doesn't it......glad i have all the parts required to rebuild my summer car, now just waiting for the weather to break so I do not have to heat the shop, yes I'm cheap and there is definately no hurry now....now where to go....just able to drive around, no stopping allowed...lol.    Soon to be like Italy and China, no papers no outside...period!   Fined if caught, I heard 400 whatever the currency is in Italy if you are caught outside without going for food work or hospital I think it was.   We allowed it to come to this by not acting sooner. IF they would have acted sooner we would have had a fit, taking away our rights and freedoms etc etc, but now they do it anyway and we also get infected along with it....so maybe it would have been better to allow them to act 2 months ago and not tomorrow...Hmmm...?    Well.....2 months ago i didn't have all my parts ....Hmmm....lol

So.....which is better....Hmmm..??

Just asking for an already infected friend...lol

It's going to be interesting to see the media try and eat them alive for dong the right thing finally!   I'd like to know what they would have done better?  But they must remember what they have been saying exactly for the past 2 months about saying why rush, it's not that bad. etc etc.

It's going to be interesting for sure.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:31 PM, Specter said:

Looks like Youtube is blocking the video.

Good, it's preferable that this site not become a vector for dumbassery.

Trump tweet 03:50 on 23 Mar 20:

WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF”. 

on a positive note...how about those gas and diesel prices...

im still waiting for more drop before i fill up my truck...up north price is dropping way slower than down south

It's frikkin 1.129 around here!  Rip off!

On the other hand, I am not driving anywhere.....