marchanna

Wife got hit by someone overtaking her in her own lane

11 posts in this topic

So a cabbie tried to pass my wife from behind in her own lane and ended up hitting her. Do you think they will write this off. The tridion cell is dented. 

4FEBC0EF-80C2-462F-BBE1-C5D49C489F56.jpeg

We’ll have to see. Because it’s a structural component I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. 

Don't go through ins. just get some body filler and slap some paint on it. Cancel claim asap. and demand a few bucks from cabbie company....imho, or simply swallow the whole thing.  That cage is made up of two bars, one inside the other. I drilled a hole through mine to install a new radio antena and was shocked to find this out. It's not easy!

Yep either bondo or simply wash off rubber mark....far better than scraping it UNLESS they pay you out good!   Then go buy a CDI....lol

My policy gives me a brand new car if it’s written off. It’s pretty good. 

Four of the plastic panels are damaged too, so we’re already into thousands for repair. 

So, what's the issue then..? take the money for brand new car and find one....simple...?

Not a write-off then.   And for that $, not structural either I expect?   Mostly new body panels, paint, no structure or electrical eh?

Edited by SmartElectric

They say they can fix the dent without drilling or cutting. So I’m content with that. 

1 person likes this