Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willys

Seems SPRING is here......!!!

4 posts in this topic

How do I know........all the other little critters have decides to venture out after dark that my two dogs love to chase.....augh!!!!   I lost my best dog to a porcupine many years ago, so I am very aware of what is walking around where my dogs can get to.

About  a week ago they treed a coon......he stayed up a 60 foot tree for the night and following day before risking it.   Most days it's squirrels and now chipmunks they are chasing and digging deep trenches though the almost thawed lawn trying to get them. Not to forget the bunny rabbits thinking our lawn is tastier than the grass outside the fencing.   But last night, well after screeching from the wife and mother in law to come out and get the dogs.....I found a good sized possom cornered standing his ground ready for some fun!   I know what they are capable of and I do not wish a trip to the vet for two dogs with a million puncture wounds in them. Then a round of rabies shots........anyway I grabbed dogs semi safely and got them back in the house, yep wife was impressed now she has walls windows and furniture to wash and clean from them going ape shit trying to get back out.  lol.  I go back out to get rid of possom and it's gone......I spent maybe 45 minutes searching every tree for it, searching high and low for it to be perched high in a tree top. Nothing!   So went back inside to the fun house now.....lol.   Yep they are in trouble...lol.  But with my neck being fused and plated and now have bone sprurs growing, I think I have damaged my neck or nerves.....as I was almost instantly woozy, very light headed...from constantly looking up, must have pinched something. Any way this morning I was the same, almost to the point of having to hang onto the walls , no I don't drink. I go to bed and finally get up at 2:30 a bit better now but still not right...Hmmmm...?

There is no way in hell I'm venturing off to the emergency to sit and wait for tests and an MRI  with all the crap going on with the COVID-19 crap everywhere.  So, it it happens again ...if it's up a tree it's staying there!

Anyone else got some interesting springtime stories...to share...?

Oh, the squirrels now live in my neighbor's attic and have all winter...he didn't think sealing off a hole last fall was worth the effort...lol.    It's been my dogs purpose in life to chase them off our property and back at warp speed back into his attic......yep.....he's thrilled to pieces...lol

Being Canadian, I always expect to see one last storm in March.
Usually it’s a snow storm, though, not a sh*t storm.

There was a snow storm a few days before Mrs. Leadwing and I got married in the middle of April.

On a side note, and in answer to the OP's question, ( "Anyone else got some interesting springtime stories...to share...?" ) We got married on the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. 

Also on the list of not-so-wonderful happenings on that day was the great United States Mississippi floods. 

1927 : 15 inches of rain fall in 18 hours causing the Mississippi River to brake out of its levee system at 145 locations, more than Twenty-seven thousand square miles of land is flooded in 10 states AR, IL, KY, LA, MS, MO, TN, TX, OK and KS, Arkansas is the worst affected with 14% of the state flooded.    

Regardless of the dubious history of that date, Mrs. Leadwing (Spike) and I will celebrate 53 years together this April 15th.

Well I spoke to the neighbor who houses my squirrels for me and he told me that, my squirrels had eaten their way through his vent pipe for his furnace and it has stopped it from venting correctly and that is what ruined his furnace prematurely...lol....sorry buddy but I did tell you to shut the door....So tomorrow he will have another day spent with the technician trying to repair the damage and get his heat source working again.   Will he learn...I wonder....?   time will tell....I guess we'll find out tomorrow.  He's telling me he has to move  what he calls hours of stuff away from the wall where he hid the vent pipe behind then unscrew said wall in his attic to get at the pipe. Then repair pipe and see if that solves his issues.  Who needs TV in this crisis when I have neighbors like this...?....lol. He should be charging admission to this show.     All I can do is laugh every time the houses of hell chase my squirrels back into his attic at warp speeds....lol. It makes me chuckle as I type this......lol.

The sad thing is he just completely rebuilt the entire inside of his house right down to the studs!  The last thing is the outside siding etc....that is why he didn't mess with the hole they made late last fall....lol.

Oh and touch wood, no critters except a very lucky rabbit so far tonight.....It is surprising how they get through horse netting wire fence with 2x4 spacing while at warp speeds without leaving half their skin stuck on the wire...?  But they do....because the dogs hit the fence at the same speed and they simply bounce off it and fall back about 6 feet away!  Shake their heads and go right back at the fence after the rabbit sitting there laughing at them this time....it won't be every time that's for sure.....they usually get their man!