Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fathetof1monkey

New smart parts dealer ?

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering were owners got their parts from. I normally deal with Rock Auto but they don't have what I'm needing. Looking for other options.

my 4 main places were

rockauto

germanparts.ca

parts source

ebay.ca

and i remember getting a timing kit and turbo cartridge from aliexpress

oil filters from crappytire

alternator was cheap from a local rebuilder

Edited by LooseLugNuts

for hard to find parts i recommend trying to find a local junk yard...the smaller ones are best because they often dont know the actual value of some parts

or even better is to buy a whole parts car 

What parts are you requiring, many of us have parts or a parts car which might have what you are searching for...?    I have just rebuilt my entire power train, all bought from MW-SMART out of Germany....they seem to have a flat rate shipping, until you add a sway bar to the order.....lol.    Check them out and see, I was pleasantly surprised.

IMHO....some times it's best to buy new over used especially when electronics are concerned...?   It depends on your skill levels and what system you use to test the car. IF you have use of a STAR or close then you'll be further ahead. It'll pin point your problems if you can't figure it out on your own or we here can't figure it out with you.
Starters and alternators are best bought brand new as the rebuilt prices were only $20-$30 less....imho...for the amount of work it takes to change them out...unless you like torturing yourself...lol.

Edited by Willys