Jt080883

gt300 body kit
Fortwo body kit question

13 posts in this topic

I’m curious if anyone has installed the hot 300 body kit into their Smart Fortwo? 

58F17B62-3B54-4AA4-8048-1B0FDAD88E68.jpeg

I've seen pictures of a car in BC I think it was which had a body kit on it and it looked OK far better than this low down shot looking upwards so to speak..?

3 hours ago, Willys said:

I've seen pictures of a car in BC I think it was which had a body kit on it and it looked OK far better than this low down shot looking upwards so to speak..?

I don't know if it's just the terrible photoshop for the posted images or not, it seems the first pic is a generic image for a "gt300" body kit, though the rear images for those do not look quite like the one posted. I'm suspecting just more really bad photoshop, but the question in my mind is, why no images of the real thing?

On 2020-05-12 at 6:40 PM, gtjunk said:

I don't know if it's just the terrible photoshop for the posted images or not, it seems the first pic is a generic image for a "gt300" body kit, though the rear images for those do not look quite like the one posted. I'm suspecting just more really bad photoshop, but the question in my mind is, why no images of the real thing?

I’m thinking because there’s a lot of work to get them to the final product maybe. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 minutes ago, Jt080883 said:

I’m thinking because there’s a lot of work to get them to the final product maybe. 

Dunno, could be. If you get one, do post your pictures and experience. While I'm not really interested in such kits myself, I'm sure there are others who are and who would appreciate an honest, detailed review of the experience.

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by gtjunk

5 hours ago, gtjunk said:

Dunno, could be. If you get one, do post your pictures and experience. While I'm not really interested in such kits myself, I'm sure there are others who are and who would appreciate an honest, detailed review of the experience.

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Posted some for ya 

Started to put them on finally and there's a lot of work to do with these especially never doing something like this but it's coming along. 

3D60BF74-9731-471A-A314-FA9FA49C5A75.jpeg

1 person likes this

Excellent....keep posting....pics of the process.....the end result will show why people do this amount of work even when others can't envision the finished product...imho.
As the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, besides....it's yours not theirs....so if it makes you smile then scre----'em...!...lol   It's the principle I have always worked with...lol.

This is with my new tires and spacers/adapter to a 5x112 rim (but not the body kit)

BCC0D530-79D8-4E2E-8A37-33BF1BDF2801.jpeg

1 person likes this