Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brd

450 Sidelight lense replacement?

10 posts in this topic

As per the pic, the sidelight lense on my 450 fell off. So I'm looking to get a replacement, like the one that is still on the passenger side (see pic).

Anybody have any idea what the part # is and where other than a dealer that I might be able to get a replacement?

thanks

Missing sidelight.jpg

needed sidelight.jpg

i remember buying some from princess that fit perfect

if i remember right you just give them a slight turn counter clock and they come out 

2 people like this

Anyplace the sells truck parts will have them as well as Princess Auto.  Depending on where you are in the GTA Heavy Duty Truck Parts 7855 Keele, second building north of 7 has good pricing for such things.  The lens is not supposed to come off, the lamp rotates about an eighth turn and the lamp comes out from the black piece.  New ones look something like this but really should be reflective as well.  https://www.grote.com/signal-lighting/clearance-marker-lights/round-clearance-marker-lights/

Nigel

1 person likes this

I got me some replacements, they don't reflect but are far brighter than the stock ones, so I like them.....the lenses are clear also...

Not 100% sure where I bought them but I'm sure it was one of the two places mentioned above...lol

I have one of the side marker original lights.  It's your for free.  Come and get it (day trip) or just pay the postage and (I'll mail it to you).  If you decide to come and get it, I will PM you directions to my place ... ( About 2 hours from the east end of Toronto ) 

the ones i had were led

i didnt like the way the originals got hot enough to melt and burn everything

If you have trouble removing them just wrap the outer edge with electrical tape.  It gives a way better purchase than just the slippery lens

Alan

On 2020-06-03 at 11:56 PM, Leadwing said:

I have one of the side marker original lights.  It's your for free.  Come and get it (day trip) or just pay the postage and (I'll mail it to you).  If you decide to come and get it, I will PM you directions to my place ... ( About 2 hours from the east end of Toronto ) 

I took up Leadwing's offer of an original light. 

Thanks for all the suggestions. 

When we met up, Ron suggested the Maxxima M16280YCL Amber 2-1/2" Round LED Clear Lens Clearance Marker Light which he bought at a truck stop.

Here's the Amazon.ca link with info it:

https://www.amazon.ca/Maxxima-M16280YCL-Amber-Clearance-Marker/dp/B00L5215XS

7 hours ago, brd said:

When we met up, Ron suggested the Maxxima M16280YCL Amber 2-1/2" Round LED Clear Lens Clearance Marker Light which he bought at a truck stop.

Here's the Amazon.ca link with info it:

https://www.amazon.ca/Maxxima-M16280YCL-Amber-Clearance-Marker/dp/B00L5215XS

You're quite welcome.  One slight correction, if I may.  I merely mentioned that those LED's were available at most truck stops, but I actually got mine from Uncle Glenn who went to the effort to obtain a bunch and has replaced several of the originals with the LED side markers.

1 person likes this