Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Getfuzzy

DRL

5 posts in this topic

Apologies in advance if this has been covered. I relocated the turn signals back to the headlights and wired in the side marker lights as well. The old turn signal became my DRLs. While doing the wiring on the side markers I saw a couple of cut wires and wonder if one of those would turn on the side markers with the ignition? I also replaced the low beam (H7) with led ($22 Aliexpress, high beams are on the way), but I still disabled them. I'm planning on getting another 450 and will be doing this mod as well as all the other pm recommended. Thaks to the community for all the help and inspiration that this forum has given me.

I’m pretty sure the cut wires by the side marker are for turn signals.  

Nigel

every led ive ever tried from aliexpress causes major radio interference...

8 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

every led ive ever tried from aliexpress causes major radio interference...

I haven't heard of that in years, I stopped messing with radios decades ago.....lol. do they still offer suppressors etc to cancel the interferance out?  We used to be able to buy and use them?
I hear LEDs bugger with line resistance which buggers up electronics for computer etc..???   I know that I bit into my fuel pump circuit and now I have my water separator light always glimering, not on or off.....didn't do it before, instantly did it after power to signal relay to send power to pony fuse panel.

Posted (edited) · Report post

ive tried some resistors but apparently they are for canbus issues and not the radio static....also tried ferrite filters but there is barely enough room on wires to make loops

next time my assemblies are out im going t try and wrap foil around the wires and then a copper wire to a ground to make a small shield

its currently fixed by listening to cd instead of radio 

my door ajar light would stay on half brightness and it was that flat white connector near the battery ..i seem to remember someone else posting about their filter light and it was the same connector...

Edited by LooseLugNuts
1 person likes this