Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stedeam

Touch screen stereo

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Good afternoon 

my wife has a 2011 Fortwo with a smart touch screen stereo it’s had issues lately with it going on to main screen and constantly turning on and of without going to the radio or menu.

when it has gone to menu it is not very responsive and will let you do a few changes which takes a life time I’ve changed the touch sensitivity (lucky) but still the same it will shut down and start up the  intro screen then off & on 

I’ve unplugged it and put in the code but does exactly the same...

if you can help....my ears 👂 will have some down time from the wife.....TIA steve.

Edited by stedeam
Spelling

Welcome to the site, but, seeing as you are over the pond, have you tried the other great site Evilution.co.uk I think it is?  It's a very knowledgable site and all technical no chatting. Unfortunately, but once you figure out how to navigate around it's fantastic, imho.  Yes they do ask for a donation and it'll be well worth the smallest one you can give, believe me!  
I'm sure if we can help solve your issue we will.  We are a mostly CDI Smart site but there are many who own the other versions also.  Just saying.    Good luck and here's hoping one of us can help.  Cheers.

The other site that may be worth checking is https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/

The US never officially got the 450s but started with the 451 gasoline models so their forums lean heavily in that direction.  Don’t take it as we are trying to send you away, all are welcome it’s just the most active members here tend to be 450 owners.  When you find an answer please let us know for the next person.

Nigel

1 person likes this

From a post on SCoA: 

Simply hold the power button for a count of 15 while sitting at the warning screen, then release. The radio should go off, then push button to start and it should start working normally. I have only had to do it once when the car was in its second week. Now in month three and no problems.

No guarantee that will work but worth a try.  You can also take a look at System Settings in the radio: press Extras in the main menu, press Options in the Extras menu, then press System Setting in the General Settings menu.  :)