FlyingFerret

I bought a Roady.

24 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago I listed on here in my old identity a request to for a Roady. I found one in Somerset England. 

A 2005 hardtop. Mapped and with only 32000 verified miles on it.  

I've given it what I suggest is an appropriate name. " The Flying Ferret". This car is beautiful. She makes me shudder. And for an old man in his mid 60s, is fantastic.. I've wanted a Roady for a very long time but other things always became more important. Now I'm happy 😊 

2 people like this

Welcome to the site, I'm jealous for sure....as we can't easily get them here....damned shame!
Love the name also.....not many ferrets here either....lol.

10 hours ago, FlyingFerret said:

That's a shame. 

It sure is, but at least one lucky  person managed to get one (used) brought in a year or two ago.

i was looking at getting one shipped over.    there is a container ship that leaves London area and docks in Halifax,NS.

they don't charge a lot if the car can be driven on and off the ship.    (price goes up if it has to be shipped in a container)

i have a relatives in Manchester UK that can purchase and ship the car for me.

i just have so much on the go,  that i haven't put too much more thought into it.

1 person likes this

Just now, Sydney said:

i was looking at getting one shipped over.    there is a container ship that leaves London area and docks in Halifax,NS.

they don't charge a lot if the car can be driven on and off the ship.    (price goes up if it has to be shipped in a container)

i have a relatives in Manchester UK that can purchase and ship the car for me.

i just have so much on the go,  that i haven't put too much more thought into it.

I also went through this as I also have family by the way 40 minutes south of Manchester, Uttoxeter.....lol.   I just came to the realization, I may have a body too old and stiff to get down that low now...lol.  IF not I'd still be thinking of it.....I saw one in person in London area here and it was spectacular......!

56 minutes ago, Willys said:

I saw one in person in London area here and it was spectacular......!

I agree.  It certainly was a beautiful sight.

Smart Roadster at Plunketts - 2019 02.jpg

Smart Roadster at Plunketts - 2019 01.jpg

1 person likes this

You better hurry up before Glenn buys it out from under you, lol...I know he wants one too....I wonder what it has been kept like?  That would make all the difference imho. as to cost or selling price.  Just think, it's right at the age of having to do everything we are now doing to keep them on the road.....BUT, it's a ROADSTER.....!!!!!  IF nothing else maybe worth the road trip to see it up close...

1 person likes this

According to the ad, it has been listed for the last 13 years.

Right hand drive, ugh.  82 HP version, boring.  BRABUS Xclusive 101HP LHD or go home.

1 hour ago, 1983JZR3W said:

According to the ad, it has been listed for the last 13 years.

nope

that is the member status

1 person likes this

As long as it has a clean title and has entered the country correctly, it should be OK.    That is why you drive and see it and meet the person selling it and demand to see all paperwork with official stamps on it.  It could have been shipped in for the guy who died just before he was fit enough to use it?  Plenty of acceptable reasons.....but only one unexceptable one and that being it's restricted for our use for some reasoning...?

2 hours ago, MikeT said:

Right hand drive, ugh.  82 HP version, boring.  BRABUS Xclusive 101HP LHD or go home.

Sure looks like LHD to me...:rolleyes:

No, the one in the link to the ad, not the posted photo :lol:

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

nope

that is the member status

Looks like the original ad was posted February 7, 2020

for me it says 5 days ago

and its probably accurate considering less than 400 views

view counts usually accumulate after a repost

IMHO, it's still worth the drive to see what's what.....it would be a nice day out.....bring trailer...lol.

The plates I bet were kept to show it's from Europe etc, some like to do that with older cars...?

2 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

for me it says 5 days ago

and its probably accurate considering less than 400 views

view counts usually accumulate after a repost

Correct.......but the original post I saw was from Feb. 7th so I'm assuming the 1 from 5 days ago was a repost.

10 minutes ago, TheHandyHobbit said:

Correct.......but the original post I saw was from Feb. 7th so I'm assuming the 1 from 5 days ago was a repost.

I thought I had seen one for sale somewhere in the last six months, so maybe it was this car.

Nigel

Perhaps check into legalities of bringing over a 2004 Roaster and what models are allowed etc, as in pollution issues etc.....lighting, transport Canada's idiotic thoughts on it....Maybe that is why it can't be made road worthy and each new buyer keeps pawning it off after finding out the amount of hoops they are required to leap through?  Not sure how it would have been unloaded off ship etc if it had major issues so to speak but you never now? Maybe there is an issue which the regular folk can't repair and we aren't regular normal folk are we...lol.
I also seem to remember a roadster being for sale in that area not long ago...maybe...?   Is that yard it's photographed at the transport  yard or shipping yard and they can't get it out ?   Hmmm...?   

I bet it's none of the above and it's what it says it is......just a dead guy's dream that he never got around to putting on the road...lol