Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willys

Damned corrosion....!

5 posts in this topic

Well, what can I say.....seems I missed this little creature!!!!
Well, done and finished now. Plus all floors sanded and prepped and 3 coats of paint applied. Next will be power washing carpets and reinstalling heated seats!
Here's some pics....just so others can see what to look out for. This connector is the one in the battery box taped to the front wall, or at least mine was.

20200711_092836.jpg

20200711_092850.jpg

20200711_092940.jpg

20200711_092948.jpg

20200711_093026.jpg

20200711_093033.jpg

20200711_093035.jpg

20200711_093109.jpg

that looks like the one that causes dim fuel filter lights and door ajar signal when the door is not ajar

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, LooseLugNuts said:

that looks like the one that causes dim fuel filter lights and door ajar signal when the door is not ajar

Yes my fuel filter light is always on dimly...used to drive me nuts seeing it. I thought that I had bit into it's line getting the power for my relay for the extra fuse panel.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Looks like you'll get a few more years out of it.

I'm in the process of fixing up my parts car and have only just stated the process. It's 2 years newer than my daily driver, but it's in a bit worse shape.

Edited by gtjunk

20 minutes ago, gtjunk said:

Looks like you'll get a few more years out of it.

I'm in the process of fixing up my parts car and have only just stated the process. It's 2 years newer than my daily driver, but it's in a bit worse shape.

Once I'm done replacing everything and the paint has cured completely I'll spray the daylights out of it using Rust Check Red. I like that stuff as it creeps everywhere. I also sprayed it under the carpets in the beater to slow it's rusting floors, far worse than this car was by a long way! This car had just the startings of surface rusting.