Bodie

Help, injectors not firing. 2006 CDI

54 posts in this topic

I went picked up a friends Snap On Solus scanner, it gave me a few more options to play with. I relearned both keys, teach in the transmission and clutch, went through everything and it made no difference. I went through a set of injectors, cleaning them up really well and installed them, still no start.

Hmmmmm.....?   Dare I say, maybe it's something really really simple that you and we have overlooked?  

2 hours ago, Willys said:

Hmmmmm.....?   Dare I say, maybe it's something really really simple that you and we have overlooked?  

Probably, but I have wasted too much time messing with this thing. I’m done with it. 

i am left in suspense here,  did you take a brake from it?  find the problem?  or give up.  just curious.

1 person likes this

On 7/19/2020 at 10:11 AM, Willys said:

Sonic clean the injectors to like new then replace nozzles, the difference is noticable for sure.  I am waiting for a set for the last injectors I just sonic cleaner for another member here.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BPV9J8W/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the injector nozzles that fit our cars.

This is an old thread, but are these the right nozzles for a 2006 Fortwo CDI. The numbers on my current injectors are.

A6600700187

I bet Bodies's engine was incorrectly timed by someowne not fitting flywheel and its spider right way causing the no start issue.  Too late now though since he gave up messing with it.

Incorrect flywheel positioning was the last cause I have heard of in the past few weeks that resulted in a no run or bad firing engine.....if you know what to watch for this is a easy thing to see.....but if you do not hear or notice that nipple sitting there you can easily over look it. It helps to do plenty of research on the engine etc you are working on to look for just such issues when re-installing things.

16 hours ago, HOTRDD said:

This is an old thread, but are these the right nozzles for a 2006 Fortwo CDI. The numbers on my current injectors are.

A6600700187

The nozzles i bought from China are marked DSLA155P863. 

Should be correct for the diesel 450 According to below UK site:

https://turbo-diesel.co.uk/product/nozzle-bosch-dsla155p863-0433175231-6600700187-0001587v001-0001587v002/

On 5/14/2023 at 2:23 PM, tolsen said:

I bought 3 of these on AliExpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32829430557.html

Not yet fitted so have no idea whether they are any good. 

Keep us posted we all want to know the answer.

On 7/19/2020 at 10:11 AM, Willys said:

Sonic clean the injectors to like new then replace nozzles, the difference is noticable for sure.  I am waiting for a set for the last injectors I just sonic cleaner for another member here.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BPV9J8W/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the injector nozzles that fit our cars.

A6600700187

5 hours ago, HOTRDD said:

Keep us posted we all want to know the answer.

A6600700187

This is the nozzle part number that only works from what I know....they are very hard to find some times....   DSLA 155 P 863 +   

Those numbers you are quoting are the injector numbers that are on top of the black electrical cap.  The nozzle number will be etched onto the body of the nozzle.

THANKS, I had all the injectors out today and managed to swivel one at a time and while cranking I applied voltage to the injector manually and all three of them had a very good spray pattern. What I wasn't able to do was verify if the wire at the injector had voltage. My two multimeters just didn't seem to want to read MIN and MAX values for some reason.

9 hours ago, HOTRDD said:

THANKS, I had all the injectors out today and managed to swivel one at a time and while cranking I applied voltage to the injector manually and all three of them had a very good spray pattern. What I wasn't able to do was verify if the wire at the injector had voltage. My two multimeters just didn't seem to want to read MIN and MAX values for some reason.

Loosen up your injector wiring and try it using the cars wiring to see if they are getting a signal....then re-wrap wiring. The injectors have 5 streams, 4 are all equal and the other going off at a different angle. The stream must be a fine mist not a squirt so to speak.  Search out a leak back test, youtube it...

Posted (edited) · Report post

havent used them on smarts yet but ive used NOID lights for checking injectors (for signal voltage) on other makes

princess auto has a really cheap set in their surplus section

Edited by LooseLugNuts

I pulled my injectors and there aren't any letters or numbers on the injector at all. Just the stuff on the top cap. Hopefully new tips work for my 2006 CDI

7 hours ago, HOTRDD said:

I pulled my injectors and there aren't any letters or numbers on the injector at all. Just the stuff on the top cap. Hopefully new tips work for my 2006 CDI

The injector nozzle numbers are under the nozzle cap, it will be tight.

Can you read common rail pressure with diagnostics?

It is possible that fuel pressure is not sufficient to maintain running after start once third pumping element on high pressure pump has been disabled. 

Solenoid on third pumping element needs to be energised to disable pumping.  Try therefore to start with connector to third pumping element disconnected. 

I grabbed a set of  NOID lights from PrincessAuto and threw the BOSCH one in. All three injectors behaved the same way. When first cranking the light flashed quickly twice and then nothing. So two quick pulses and then nothing. 

I tried to pull the ECU but even with all of my adapters and tricks I think I'll need to drop the engine again first to make it happen. But when I pulled the connectors they all looked brand new.

12 hours ago, tolsen said:

Can you read common rail pressure with diagnostics?

It is possible that fuel pressure is not sufficient to maintain running after start once third pumping element on high pressure pump has been disabled. 

Solenoid on third pumping element needs to be energised to disable pumping.  Try therefore to start with connector to third pumping element disconnected. 

Do you have a picture that shows the third pump element on the pump and what I need to unplug? Also if it runs with the third element unplugged what does that indicate? Is it the high pressure pump or low pressure pump.

High pressure pump of course. It only has a single connector. 

Wonder if your noid lights stop flashing due to high voltage.  

•  

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/14/2023 at 4:23 PM, tolsen said:

I bought 3 of these on AliExpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32829430557.html

Not yet fitted so have no idea whether they are any good. 

Here's an interesting deal !

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/0433175231-GDCR-DSLA155P863-injector-nozzle-DSLA155P863_60870807287.html

pin.png

Edited by wagonwheel