Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Getfuzzy

Malone tune

4 posts in this topic

I've got an appointment to get a Malone tune. Those of you who had this done did the shop need the car for a whole day (said it may be a problem getting the map over the net)? The place I'm getting it wanted me to leave it overnight to make sure map got installed and to install a blanking plate for the egr, which I've already done. Is this the standard procedure for getting the remap? Thanks for any replies.

When I had a remap done by Flying Tiger, it took less than 20 minutes...:rolleyes:

1 person likes this

One day sounds like a scam to milk you for labour charges.  And if the tune was worth its salt, there would be no need for a blanking plate for the EGR, unless you already have an EGR.  Flying Tiger's tune just electronically disables the EGR

Get the Flying Tiger tune, Castlegar is not THAT far from Richmond....

1 person likes this

I’ve ran into this before with some Malone dealers. Won’t name the shop here in Edmonton, but they wanted to charge 2hrs of shop time on top of the tune. When I asked for more details, they told me that it was a “complicated” process...

Scam. It takes 5mins to download the original file (optional) and upload the tune to the ecu. Maybe justifiable to charge another 15mins to check things over IMHO.

Izzy

1 person likes this