stickman007

Rant: AliExpress sour experience with MUX seller

20 posts in this topic

So, I put in an order for 2 sets of C3 MBSTAR on AliExpress from the store ECU KCAN CO LIMITED on April 8th. One set for myself, the other for a fellow member. The shipping was only suppose to take 2 weeks. The cables showed up, but I waited for a month before I filled a complaint. The seller assured me that it was just a small delay with the whole pandemic going on. The purchase protection came and passed, I contacted the seller and they extended it. I waited for another month and filed a dispute case for a refund...they rejected my claims saying that I need to check with my post office and that some of the packages were sent and received. There were no additional information from the tracking numbers for the other 2 missing MUXs. They extended my purchase protection again, and as of yesterday, they closed the case leaving me with no MUXs and now refund.

So much for their purchase protection. I’ve purchased a lot of stuff on AliExpress, mostly a positive experience. This was the worst. I’ve appealed their decision, but I doubt anything will come of it. Avoid this seller.

Rant done.

Izzy

whoa that sucks but i hope they actually arrive..seems weird they would send them in different boxes though

ive never been burned yet on ali

ive had some items come within weeks and some that take 5 months

i only had to use the protection once and they quickly ruled in my favour and refunded me...(but i paid it back within a week when the item actually arrived)

did you pay by credit card?,,,sometimes the credit card protection will cover it ..

if yes i think you should call them up and start a claim 

1 person likes this

Actually that’s a really good idea, but it’s been 90+ days. Couldn’t hurt...all they could do is say no. Thanks for the suggestion!

2 people like this

DAMN....!

I rarely if at all use ALI....it scares me....I don't like Amazon that much but it is the better of two evils  Ebay I have basically given up on.

Here's hoping your parcel shows up sooner than later.   I'm now nervously waiting for your injector nozzles, never had an issue yet.....augh!

These crooks who rip people off need to be knee capped.....oooops sorry thought I was on FB for a second there....lol

Still trying to nice and tried an alternative route by filing a “product not as described” dispute since the cables did showed up. Will see how it goes in a few days when they reply...or not.

Its getting harder to doing things nicely and respectful these days....I don’t want to screw them by back charging via MasterCard and then get my account banned. But it’s quite a bit of money and I don’t think they care enough to resolve this.

2 hours ago, stickman007 said:

Still trying to nice and tried an alternative route by filing a “product not as described” dispute since the cables did showed up. Will see how it goes in a few days when they reply...or not.

Its getting harder to doing things nicely and respectful these days....I don’t want to screw them by back charging via MasterCard and then get my account banned. But it’s quite a bit of money and I don’t think they care enough to resolve this.

I would do what ever it takes to get your money back, you can always open up another account IF you still wish to use their platform....IMHO.
You have put out quite a bit of money, not chicken feed so to speak. IF it was a few dollars then sure chock it up to a learning experience but hundreds do not fall into this category imho.

Sure hope it gets sorted out the best way possible, but sometime you must swing the hammer and drive that nail deep in one shot!

Posted (edited) · Report post

I guess I won’t be back-charging my credit card...don’t want to be that jerk. One of the MUXs showed up today. Still haven’t confirm it’s operation, but at least a good sign.

Im still upset at their so-called buyer’s protection...they definitely do not honour it with bigger purchase items. Also they haven’t responded with the appeal yet....doubt they will

Edited by stickman007
2 people like this

I would call your credit card company and tell them your story.  Explain that you have not reached the point where you want to have them reverse the charges but you wanted them to know whats going on and to start a record of it.  Ask for their help.  

I bought a computer a few years back and found that it was a scam.  They were advertising a complete computer package for the price of the high end monitor. by its self.  The way the scam worked was, they took the money from the upfront payments and used it for a few months until their customers got fed up and had the charges reversed, read interest free (to them) loan.  I called my credit card and told them I wanted the computer that was advertised and that I had paid for and they did some digging, they called the computer store and explained that if they refused to supply the computer system in the add they would pull freeze their account at Visa, and no longer accept payments to their account.  I received my computer about a week and a half after calling them.  

Some times it pays to ask for help.

Alan

2 people like this

I just received a 75 mm diameter inlet bore cyclone bought on AliExpress. Arrived in just three weeks and only £2.04 VAT payable to the Queen. Item was tracked all the way so I knew exactly its whereabouts. Was stuck in UK twice as long as China. 

Nice to see you back tolsen! Thanks for the advise Alan.

I've ordered many stuff from Aliexpress since the MUX and they all showed up without any issues within the estimated time. I'm just pissed that this seller didn't honour their Buyer's Purchase to refund if package not received within 90 days. I did receive an update from Aliexpress's "higher level dispute team" and the response is pretty much the same - they have confirmed from the seller that the packages were sent, so they're not refunding (what the heck is the protection for then? Of course the seller will say that they've sent it. I've even caught a few that posted other people's tracking # rather than for my packages). Worst yet, they do not let me respond to them giving more info or updating the situation.

Aliexpress overall is not bad...I do think that some sellers are working the system and Aliexpress themselves don't care to resolve any high price ticket items as the company too big to care. I will try to avoid them from now on, but some stuff I feel I have no choice as the alternatives are 2-3x the price at least. I just after thousands of $$ in purchases, I'm bound for something like this - part of the risk I chose to take. Just gotta suck it up and be calm. I've only purchased a C4 SDConnect from Aliexpress...previously all my C3s came from DHGate which I think its more or less a scam site now. Should be happy that I got at least 1 MUX, the chances are that the seller did send both, but they don't want to help after the sale. Just gotta wait and hope for the other one will show up eventually.

Izzy

I know how you feel, OK, I'm a tad bit more impatient than you could dream of being, but I want those nozzles NOW....lol.  Today is the first day they said they could be here within their what 1-2 week window.....lol....so where are they....?
I have had the injectors cleaned and ready for a week or two...lol.   Even in a box ready to ship them out......lol.  I hate waiting....you sir have the patience of god only knows what!    I wish I had a tenth of what you have....lol.
Here's hoping that it shows up after a few rips around the world and all ends well.   
The whole internet buying is a risk imho.  But after saying that, Amazon got two packages to me in almost 2 days when I didn't order or have Prime, just by standard mail......but they did double one order so I am a bit upset about that, but it was only a $40 item and I will use it one day I'm sure.

On 7/22/2020 at 9:09 PM, stickman007 said:

came from DHGate

id almost forgot about dhgate...i used it quite a bit a few years back but it never felt as safe as aliexpress...i didnt ever have problems there though

so did the second one arrive yet?

Nope...the tracking number did update saying that as of May 22, it was handed over to Canada Post (probably why AliExpress rejected my claims).

Im thinking that I will see it eventually, but probably won’t be for awhile.

i had a package from march arrive a few days ago...i think there is still hope

1 person likes this

this week i learned how stupid the "item not as described" claim is on aliexpress

long story short i ordered a cheap set of a/c gauges with hoses and 134a car type adapters so i could check high side pressures too instead of the simple low side only one i currently have

got the package and of course theres no adapters so it useless for now

contacted seller and they offered a $2 refund.....wow...just wow

so when i check out the claim process it states that if an item is not as described the seller needs to pay for return shipping and gets a refund...or agrees to accept a partial refund from seller and keeps the item....which of course is a $2 offer ..

uhm yeah...im not paying $50 to return a $32 item......

someone isnt getting a good 5 star review......

cost me $13 to order adapters from someone else...this time i used ebay

1 person likes this

Sad to hear. Please post the seller’s store name so that we can collectively avoid these bad apples.

I still haven’t seen my second MUX yet.

I personally avoid Ali express like the plague......they just don't seem as trustworthy if that's possible compared to Ebay or Amazon....I sooner pay a bit more and not have the headache.

Speaking of which, did your injectors show up yet IZZY.....headache being waiting for nozzles to show up.

I strongly agree that there needs to be a listing of bad vendors etc so we do not feed them any longer.

The 2nd MUX showed up finally. Still pissed at AliExpress for failing to honour their “guarantee.”

At least this chapter is done and I can finish setting up the STAR for my fellow CsC member.

2 people like this