Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheDoc57

Smart Cabrio 2002

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

Not sure I've come upon the right forum but here goes, I am in the Channel Islands, Jersey to be exact (thats the united kingdom not the USA) I have a Smart 650Cabrio 2002 and the roof is twisted and the motor gears shot, the repair will cost upwards of $1,000 US so i purchased a complete car with a good roof but with the front written off for $400US and intend to rob the roof and use it on my everyday car....I cannot get the roof off the donor car as the rear fitting is nothing like any of the ones on any of the forums Ive seen on line.  Does anyone know how this roof come off the rear roof fitting (as I wish to use it I don't want to damage it in the removal process.

Many Thanks in anticipation

Micky T 

IMG_4502[1].JPG

Welcome to the site, sorry I don't have a soft top or the info you are asking about, but many will I'm sure.....repost this in general topics or general discussions and once asked questions forum......you'll get more action there...I'm sure. 

been a long time since ive done it but i remember a small hidden screw on each corner and something you had to slide out of a channel

i also remember seeing what to do on a youtube video....i think it was a german guys video..i remember not understanding their language but the video itself told everything