Cj834

2011 roof opens but the seccond operation doesn't work

4 posts in this topic

iv just bought a 2011 451 convertable the roof will open what seems to be fully on the first operation but when I hold the button the seccond operation doesn't work. I have checked all fuses and I can hear a relay click on the first operation but there is no click on the seccond operation. The roof has come detached from one rib i am attempting to rebond now but I suspect the rib at some point got jammed possibly causing this problem. I can usually fix anything but this has me stuck. Is there a separate relay for the seccond operation if so where is it located?? 

My 450 does this occasionally.  My issue is the top doesn’t fold neatly on one side all the time. I assume it doesn’t go back enough to engage the micro switch to say it is open.   If I straighten the fabric as it opens the first stage all is well and i can open the second stage every time.  

Nigel

Thats interesting il try to get my fabric perfect and see if that helps. 

Update... there is a little lever switch just behind the removable bars that was jammed I moved it with a screwdriver and it fixed the roof. 

1 person likes this