Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PowerShellMan

Anybody know of a good source to get the GlowPlug Relay from?

11 posts in this topic

It appears the ONLY spot I've found one from online is on eBay and they are all coming from Lithuania

....or is this a case of just go to Mercedes and they will have it?

That's the box on the right side sub frame tube correct...?   Pay the postage  and a small donation and it's yours. Let me know.

@Willys

I may take you up on that.  It's currently in that wonderful land of "Left Country A 7 weeks ago" and has yet to arrive in Country B.

Let me know the donation req'd and cost of postage sean at powershell dot ca and I'll figure it out.  It would be NICE to not see that silly "Glow Plug Circuit" failed light and re-connect the Glor plug relay

Too bad the old relay couldn't be fixed.

6 hours ago, PowerShellMan said:

@Willys

I may take you up on that.  It's currently in that wonderful land of "Left Country A 7 weeks ago" and has yet to arrive in Country B.

Let me know the donation req'd and cost of postage sean at powershell dot ca and I'll figure it out.  It would be NICE to not see that silly "Glow Plug Circuit" failed light and re-connect the Glor plug relay

Too bad the old relay couldn't be fixed.

I'm not sure but time may have run out on that offer, as the shell was taken to local guy who takes scrap into junk yard for a few pennies a ton.....I will check and see if he hasn't got rid of it yet.  Fingers crossed.  It's been a while...?

5 hours ago, PowerShellMan said:

No issue and not too worried.  I may have a 3rd Smart Next Tuesday :)

I know that feeling....lol

They multiply fast ....eh.....lol

On 9/5/2020 at 6:14 PM, Willys said:

I know that feeling....lol

They multiply fast ....eh.....lol

My best friend once collected Lada Niva's for the same reason.   You always kept a spare one or two floating about.  Usually working but it was handy way to pull parts if needed :)

2 hours ago, PowerShellMan said:

My best friend once collected Lada Niva's for the same reason.   You always kept a spare one or two floating about.  Usually working but it was handy way to pull parts if needed :)

I also had a buddy who had the Lada bug....his off roading buggy of choice.....notut  sure why but it was...lol

Posted (edited) · Report post

i had two nivas once...those things were hard to keep running unless constantly used 

worse than any other vehicle ive owned

there was one garage here that had dealer connections for factory parts and i remember asking him what the common problems were with them and his answer was "quality control at the factory"

they might have went to one of your buddies...some guy sent a tow truck from way down south for the best one (92 cossack red)....the parts one was dismantled and all the parts were inside the 92 when they picked it up

theres another member here that was into nivas...i dont remember the name but its a young fellow with glasses in his avatar...

Edited by LooseLugNuts

Neat.   

Didn't grab the 3rd Smart today.   Fellow sold it on the weekend and didn't bother to tell me.

Doesn't matter. I found a source for the relay (UK, same price here in 2wks or less Royal mail and reliable) and the 3rd car will be a certified '86 Fiero with T-tops on it.

Fun summer car.  Now the challenge is to clean up all the junk in the garage to fit both smarts in during the summer.   16 ft of little Diesel monsters and that means I have to actually "CLEAN UP THE GARAGE" ;)