Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ptooti

Hello From Manitoba!

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi from Manitoba I'm just new here and new to Smart Cars I got a 2006 fortwo smart car! YaaaaYYYY!!  I traded it straight across for my old 1990 Daihatsu Hijet with a bad head gasket (The guy wanted it no matter what) so the good thing is the little smart runs like a sewing machine except the EGR is throwing it into "limp mode" either way I'm willing to learn what it takes to unleash the ponies in this cutie! . Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge!  My name is Traci btw. and thanks to Stickman007 for the heads up on this great forum!   

Sorry I've already posted in the wron area! 

Edited by ptooti

Welcome to the club! :drive:

I was born in Brandon but left many, many years ago!

Welcome to the site, Enjoy, there's plenty of very capable folks here to help in any area you may need help in. Just ask and someone will I'm sure step up to try and help in any way they can.
As for your battery foam cover, IMHO...I find it better to use a rubber mat or two and some old rubber backed carpet to protect the battery posts so they do not get touched and shorted out. Then simply lay the stock carpet down to give your passengers a better leg room experience. You'll also find that you can store the compressor if you plan to carry it under or behind the passenger seat and I'll bet the can of tire goo is well out of date so you'll best be purchasing a new can of the green slime. I would learn how to plug a tire over the slime because from what i know once you have slimed a tire the tire is almost unrepairable in the way of being able to stick a patch to the inside or maybe future plugs. That's what used to be the situation, so unless they have changed the formula it still holds true. Remember to relocate the silver box near the battery to keep it out of any water and also search out the white connector in the battery well as it will get corroded badly and usually needs to be taken out and to simply join wires without the connection. Plenty of threads showing you how and what to do. For both things.

Again welcome to the site.....enjoy.

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, smart142 said:

Welcome to the club! :drive:

I was born in Brandon but left many, many years ago!

Thank you ! Wow just down the road I'm in Souris "Canada'a Longest swinging bridge" on the prairies  lol 

Edited by ptooti

2 hours ago, Willys said:

Welcome to the site, Enjoy, there's plenty of very capable folks here to help in any area you may need help in. Just ask and someone will I'm sure step up to try and help in any way they can.
As for your battery foam cover, IMHO...I find it better to use a rubber mat or two and some old rubber backed carpet to protect the battery posts so they do not get touched and shorted out. Then simply lay the stock carpet down to give your passengers a better leg room experience. You'll also find that you can store the compressor if you plan to carry it under or behind the passenger seat and I'll bet the can of tire goo is well out of date so you'll best be purchasing a new can of the green slime. I would learn how to plug a tire over the slime because from what i know once you have slimed a tire the tire is almost unrepairable in the way of being able to stick a patch to the inside or maybe future plugs. That's what used to be the situation, so unless they have changed the formula it still holds true. Remember to relocate the silver box near the battery to keep it out of any water and also search out the white connector in the battery well as it will get corroded badly and usually needs to be taken out and to simply join wires without the connection. Plenty of threads showing you how and what to do. For both things.

Again welcome to the site.....enjoy.

Thankyou Willy's I will heed and add your comment points to my list! the little car I got is in pretty good cond and I want to do my best to keep it that way and to do what preventitive actions are required you have given me great pointers thank you