Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ptooti

Is Anyone 3D Printing Heater Control Knobs??

13 posts in this topic

is there by chance anyone by chance 3D printing these? I really need some and would be happy to buy if I could find them 

smartknobs.jpg

Yeah maybe but I'm in Buttstick manitoba 250km from the dealer so just thought I'd throw that out there to see if anyone was producing them there is a "Things" pattern available if somone wanted to print their own and I'd rather pay a homegrown business during pandemic than a prosperous corporate entity at this time.  

Edited by ptooti

3 hours ago, ptooti said:

Yeah maybe but I'm in Buttstick manitoba 250km from the dealer so just thought I'd throw that out there to see if anyone was producing them there is a "Things" pattern available if somone wanted to print their own and I'd rather pay a homegrown business during pandemic than a prosperous corporate entity at this time.  

Just a thought ...... Is there any way you could contact the $tealership and describe in as  much detail as you can (year and model of car) and include the photo that you posted above?  They may just do an over-the-phone debit and package and ship them to you.  No travelling needed.  Doesn't hurt to ask. :)

2 people like this

I probably have a set.....$40 plus shipping.....sounds fair no.....you did say home grown business.....didn't you....lol  I think I saved them when I scrapped my wreck of a car with the Clever-End on it.....maybe...?

IF I get half a minute to spare I'll search for them.....I did bag everything and chuck it all in the shed until needed. But don't remember actually keeping or saving them.....But they must be gold plated by the cost of them...lol.

Edited by Willys

So many smart owners assume the dealer can only be the source of high priced parts, well sometimes they are and other times they're not. 

I remember years ago someone lost the rubber ends from their 450 parcel shelf bars and went to great lengths to source some from somewhere else and eventually found some.  But they were three times as expensive as the ones I bought at the dealer.

+1 on the phone the dealer idea.  Or email.

15 hours ago, MikeT said:

So many smart owners assume the dealer can only be the source of high priced parts, well sometimes they are and other times they're not. 

I remember years ago someone lost the rubber ends from their 450 parcel shelf bars and went to great lengths to source some from somewhere else and eventually found some.  But they were three times as expensive as the ones I bought at the dealer.

+1 on the phone the dealer idea.  Or email.

That is good to know Thank you I don't mind shopping around and that is the great thing about capitalism it gives us options and researching them is not always a bad thing  

18 hours ago, Willys said:

I probably have a set.....$40 plus shipping.....sounds fair no.....you did say home grown business.....didn't you....lol  I think I saved them when I scrapped my wreck of a car with the Clever-End on it.....maybe...?

IF I get half a minute to spare I'll search for them.....I did bag everything and chuck it all in the shed until needed. But don't remember actually keeping or saving them.....But they must be gold plated by the cost of them...lol.

Don't spend time searching I think I have a lead on some thank you

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Leadwing said:

Just a thought ...... Is there any way you could contact the $tealership and describe in as  much detail as you can (year and model of car) and include the photo that you posted above?  They may just do an over-the-phone debit and package and ship them to you.  No travelling needed.  Doesn't hurt to ask. :)

I will call Winnipeg next week for giggles and see what they say I will post back here when I get the information Thank you

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, ptooti said:

lol that's not happening for $40 but thank you 

But...BUT.....I thought it was a good fair price for all 4....LMFAO...lol.....They should be easy to find and for cheap but if not I am always here...lol....for a sensible price that is.

Thank you Willys I will keep that in mind I just did not want you to go to the trouble to dig them out and then I not decide to take them is all My nephew actually printed some this afternoon so will take that option first but thank you... I will post a pic... he's in BC and will send them in the mail to me.  

1-IMG-1503.JPG

2-IMG-1504.JPG

0-IMG-1502.JPG

2 people like this