Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cheapsmart

Door Panel Clips

5 posts in this topic

I was replacing my window regulator the other day, and as I slid the exterior door panel back in place, the final top retaining clip snapped off. Previous owners have been at least as careless as myself unfortunately.

- is this a problem? Will the door fall off, or is the seal, side mirror, and door handle combination enough to hold it in place?

- Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement door panel in Ontario? It's silver. I could bug smart142, but I thought I'd ask here first.

i have a snapped off 1 of the 3 clips myself   (closest to the mirror)

been driving like that the last 2 years with no issues.

oh,  sorry i miss read  (thought you only broke 1 off),  just realized that you broke off the only one left. lol

i have 2 perfect condition silver door panels for a cabrio     (not sure what you have)

14 hours ago, cheapsmart said:

- Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement door panel in Ontario? It's silver. I could bug smart142, but I thought I'd ask here first.

I'm sure Glenn doesn't mind the questions.  It won't hurt to PM him and ask.  If a trip to his shop is needed, I would suggest either taking the panel off and storing it in the back until clips are found or at the very least, duct tape it on.   We used to use duct tape to hold fairings together after someone had crashed and cracked or broke their fairing in road racing.  It's nic-name is "100 MPH tape".  It held under race conditions.