rosbif

EGR removal

5 posts in this topic

Hello - I've just bought a 2006 Smart 1.5 cdi (68hp) ForFour. The model here in France is a 454.

The car has a common 3000rpm limit problem, and it seems like I have to remove the egr. I cannot find a workshop manual on-line, so can anyone talk me through the job please? Many thanks, Alan.

Your best bet is with Evilution.uk.co imho.....as we didn't get that model here.  Sorry.  BUT, do some research here for engine information as maybe you have a similar set up as our 2005 CDI's have. There are a few good threads with very good descriptions of how to and what to do regarding the EGR system.  I think Stickman007 did a thread detailing his issues with his EGR.....search for it.

Welcome to the site......imho the best CDI Smart site around....but we didn't get your model I'm afraid IF that males a difference or not I don't know? England id where Evilution is based out of.  Hope this helps.

Thank you very much indeed for your reply. I will follow your advice and contact Evilution. All the best, Alan.

To get the best from Evilution you need to donate their smallest donation to get the best info. YES well worth every penny!  It's cheap too if you think how much a single visit to ask help from a garage may cost you. 10 pounds I think is their smallest donation....chicken feed as we say over here.....pay it.  lol
IF they can't help you fully do come back and check out Stickman's thread....it's very good.