MichaelWood

MichaelWood

13 posts in this topic

Hi there all smart car owners my wife has a 2009 convertible it suffers from water leaks etc

Many thanks for the add

We live in Hastings East Sussex England 

Photo of our car

Many thanks for adding me

I am having trouble trying to find e box its not above the battery as Google quotes any ideas?

media.jpg

Welcome, the E-Box is a Canadian thing I think solely but could be wrong. Enforced by transport Canada to allow the cars into the country....idiotic imho....lol.

Why are you searching for it...?   You having issues..?   OR does the european /English models have their own version of an E-Box...?

Again welcome to the site....enjoy....

That might be why I can't find it the problem I am having is the display light is staying on and I saw a post from 10 years ago saying it was a Canadian e box when I Google it says it is just above the battery but not on ours

451 models like yours don't have an e box, they have a SAM.  If you don't have one already, get a subscription to Evilution and do some searching - the site is a wealth of smart car information. :)

11 hours ago, jwight said:

451 models like yours don't have an e box, they have a SAM.  If you don't have one already, get a subscription to Evilution and do some searching - the site is a wealth of smart car information. :)

canadian 450 have a sam and an ebox...

its (the ebox) mounted near the battery ..but is often moved to a dryer location up in the console area because they left the wires long

12 hours ago, MichaelWood said:

That might be why I can't find it the problem I am having is the display light is staying on and I saw a post from 10 years ago saying it was a Canadian e box when I Google it says it is just above the battery but not on ours

which display light?

Hi there its the light at the bottom of the dash which shows the digital fuel gauge etc it tries to go off after 30 seconds but flashes once and stays on cheers

55 minutes ago, LooseLugNuts said:

canadian 450 have a sam and an ebox...

its (the ebox) mounted near the battery ..but is often moved to a dryer location up in the console area because they left the wires long

M

only info i could find for instrument cluster illumination on a 451 is that they are not serviceable,,,that usually just means they are surface mount leds that are soldered in....which should be serviceable but require good soldering skills and good eyesight