tolsen

The server can not be found

11 posts in this topic

For several months I have had great difficulty connecting to Clubsmartcar. 

I keep getting a message stating the server can not be found. 

Have same problem regardless which iPhone, pc or web browser I use. 

Does anyone have a fix?

ive never seen any problems

i have no advice except maybe checking to see if everything is updated and doing a dns flush

I have done a 100% reset of one of my iPhones but exactly same problem. Cannot find server. 

I thought you had been strangely quiet.  

My newer iPad has been having a hard time finding websites lately, I get the spinning icon.  I suspect it may have to do with the amount of traffic over the cable lines with most people being at home with the pandemic.

Nigel

This site is critically out of date by many years, and not likely to see an upgrade.... I can still login and get into it from a PC with the latest windows settings....

1 person likes this

Maybe time to get that upgrade as this is by far the best Smart CDI site out there....that is if it can be updated...?   What would it take to get the update?

A question for the Club President I think....

4 hours ago, MikeT said:

A question for the Club President I think....

The president is computer-incompatible, but our "webmaster" should be able to answer this.

1 person likes this

We need to stop putting off this issue so we can assure the future of this site, even if some members may think it's a dying situation and soon will no longer be a required tool for the owners of Smart Cars.   IMHO.
Can we not find out what it may take to get this site up to today's level of tech.  Even if it may cost the membership a few bucks to do so..???  

1 person likes this

i have never had a problem logging on the the site.   its easy to use and easy to navigate around.  

if its not broke,  dont try to fix it.

the site could use a bit of trimming.   mabey some of the outdated posts from over 10+ years could be weeded out  (if of no use).

8,000 + members and i bet 50% of them have joined and never visited the site since the day they joined    (some might be spam member)

trim the fat and the site might improve.

just a thought

Edited by Sydney
1 person likes this

I have only had one day that I had a problem and once I rebooted my system here it worked perfectly.

But, again not knowing jack ___ about computer sites other than to join them.....if there is a problem I say solve it but don't ruin what we have as Sydney says.   There are many older threads with posts that once were very good with pics etc etc but now show just the text but no pics to support the topics.  Those are aggravating when you find them.

I do not now how to make the site better as I have never thought much about it. But I expect there are those who are in the know and see simple useful things that could be done to enhance the site and our use of it..? Plus, if it's a bit better maybe we can attract more users and grow a bit...?    It's old and maybe it needs some attention...?    Maintenance is always a good thing, no..?    Even a Smart Car needs a bit of maintenance once in a while....lol.