Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
knowdesign

rear panel removal

3 posts in this topic

Heh There. I guess I am having as much luck trying to find how to remove my rear panels on this site as I am removing the rear panels..I am sure someone must have posted here. (so even a suggestion on finding things here would help me would be much appreciated)

I am finally trying to deal with my leaking, rotted flex pipe on my 2013,. I recall seeing here at one point someone suggesting removing all rear panels and I see online some people only removing the rear valance..Now for my question: how do I un clip the valance after I removed all the screws and side expansion clips? I can see 2 tabs from the inside but it is cold out (and now dark) so I dont want to break anything. look forward from hearing from someone. Thanks in advance

IIRC, fq101.co.uk has instructions with photos on the steps to remove the rear panels on a 451.  When I changed exhausts several years ago on my 2011, it was necessary to cut the factory flange bolts, due to corrosion.  Having the rear panels off will make this much easier.  You will also want a helper.

1 person likes this

On 12/11/2020 at 0:22 AM, knowdesign said:

Heh There. I guess I am having as much luck trying to find how to remove my rear panels on this site as I am removing the rear panels..I am sure someone must have posted here. (so even a suggestion on finding things here would help me would be much appreciated)

I am finally trying to deal with my leaking, rotted flex pipe on my 2013,. I recall seeing here at one point someone suggesting removing all rear panels and I see online some people only removing the rear valance..Now for my question: how do I un clip the valance after I removed all the screws and side expansion clips? I can see 2 tabs from the inside but it is cold out (and now dark) so I dont want to break anything. look forward from hearing from someone. Thanks in advance

Join Evilution web site. Shows pics of how to remove rear panels and tells you exactly how to do it.  

https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?menu=&mod=1274