Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smartcdi05

2005 Smart Fortwo 450 Passion CDI maintenance

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys my girlfriend bought a 2005 smart cdi that happens to be missing the manual. 

I would like to know as much as I can about maintenance and upgrades since different model years and engines seem to overlap quite frequently.

The information I'm looking for is tire psi (continental viking contact max 44 psi i filled for 29psi), wheel bolt torque specs, aftermarket wheel bolts(46mm m12x1.5 15mm), aftermarket wheels, recommended synthetic motor oil (bought mobil 1 0w-40 4.73L), oil filter (fram ch9024), aftermarket oil pan with drain plug, tailgate struts, front bumper, aftermarket radio/navigation system (pioneer avh-3500nex), center console interior light bulb, cabin air filter, bilstein b4 shocks vs b14 coil overs, upgrade seats with heated ones vs wire some into the originals, aftermarket headlights vs replacement bulbs.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Welcome to the club.  Do you have a drawer under the driver’s seat.  I did show one new member his drawer and his manual was there.

Nigel

Welcome to the site and club......grab a beverage and some edables and start the long and winding road of researching all things SmartCar....lol
Everything you have suggested is here some place.   IF you can't locate it, simply ask and there will be a flood of helpful suggestions to try and answer your questions.
Enjoy and again welcome.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Smartcdi05 said:

Located in St.Catharines Ontario,Canada.

oh,  yes,  i noticed that now.   i have a bunch of front boby panels,  but i am in Sydney,NS.

For a front bumper you might send a pm to Glenn (smart142) in London.  He has the most spare parts in Ontario and may even have one the correct colour.  He can also be found by looking for Uncle Glenn under the service options tab at the top of the page.

Nigel

1 person likes this