Mjc88

Smart forfour no sound

6 posts in this topic

Hi

We have picked up a new smart car today with the media screen but there is no audio coming out for navigation or radio or media. We can’t actually set a radio station

We connected a phone via Bluetooth and the phone thinks it’s playing as does the car we think but again no sound

Any help would be appreciated 

thanks

Hmmmmm......did you get the speaker option with purchase....????

It’s a second hand smart forfour 2018 but didn’t know speakers were optional. It made enough noise when I reversed earlier 🤣 think it might have to go to a smart dealer just very odd as you can’t even tune the radio

Willys was being sarcastic.  The written word can come across much different than the spoken word.

Nigel

If you just purchased it especially from a dealership  it should be working and covered under their sales guarantee imho.....if you purchase it privately then that's another matter all together. IF the radio turns on it's not a fuse  if it's like the older versions maybe it needs to be recoded..?   I would also check out a site called Evilution.uk.co  as they are in England and cover more versions than we get here in Canada,

We seem to concentrate on the CDI 450 versions mostly it seems.  But I expect someone may have a better idea than I do on the exact issue.

Good luck......