Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman007

A rare positive experience with Insurance

7 posts in this topic

My usual experience with Insurance companies is frustration. My goto feeling for the industry is "scum of the earth," but I'm happy to be wrong!

I've been having a tough time with TD insurance as they have been pissing me off to no end. So I started getting quotes from different brokers. Decided to go with Inova - Costco. It took a while as I did auto and home at the same time. Lots of forms and the unique issue of trying to explain what the "Canada 1" model is...etc. and I've always been told just to register it as a Passion model. This insurance broker went above and beyond - she actually came on to the CsC site, the other Smart car sites and did research, and advocated the underwriter to insure my Smart as the Canada 1 model. She researched what was different and the history/origins. I'm very impressed and thought I'll share with those who may be having issues with limited edition Smart cars.

If anybody wants her contact, please IM me as I'm not here to advertise for them. Just excited that my Canada 1 is insured not as a Passion. Also both auto and home were way cheaper than TD.

Izzy

1 person likes this

were you with TD meloche monnex ?...the one that recently switched to security national?

1 hour ago, LooseLugNuts said:

were you with TD meloche monnex ?...the one that recently switched to security national?

Yup. Hate to do a rant, but they were beyond PITA. Since the whole COVID thing, on average, it takes 2hrs to make any changes. Their app/website is slow, and doesn't actually allow me to make changes as they claim. Further the mess, they keep messing up my coverage - I've been trying to get them to fix a mistake for 3 freaking months! Every time they say they'll fix it, they don't - and it takes 2hrs to tell them. I almost missed my car annual car registration because of this...4months on, still haven't fixed it. If I get into an accident now, I'm sure I'll be charged with driving with no insurance on the spot until they dig deeper and call those people. None of my pink cards shows my coverage, or on their app. But when I call them, they said it is, and send me a temp one of the email (of course expired now again)....I'm glad my 2hr call to cancel tomorrow will be the last.

Not to mention that scandal awhile ago where they were over charging us....

IZZY, did they set the value of the Can One or did you tell them what it is worth?  I had the same sort of thing for my Willys, I in the end told them what it was worth and they accepted or agreed to it and also without having to have someone  do an evaluation on it. Glad to see it all worked out in the end.

Posted (edited) · Report post

the last time i got peeved when contacting them as a "current client" and getting fed up of being on hold for almost an hour i hung up and called again....but this time i chose the option of possibly being a new client and i got thru to a an actual person in less than a minute

they were the cheapest i could find ..thats the only reason im with them

Edited by LooseLugNuts

@LooseLugNuts 1hr isn’t bad at all! They use to be under 10mins and good service...now I feel that TD is being a cheapskate and being borderline incompetent - using COVID as a lame excuse.

@Willys not sure what the overall value is now (will have to check the documents that they’ve sent), but now that she itemized the Brabus modifications...I wouldn’t have to fight as hard to get a Brabus bumper if I ever need it...after all this is Alberta, nobody knows how to drive.

Nice!  ICBC doesn't seem to care but my Canada 1 is on storage insurance right now so the point is kind of moot ;)  Maybe once I re-insure it in some future year.....