Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aussiesmart

Seemed like a smart thing to do - My first Smart car.

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, my name is Ashley and I am from Perth in Western Australia.

Pirchased my first smart yesterday, a great little 450 Coupe with the 700cc engine.

I had never driven a Smart before, but instamtly fell in love with it - brings a smile to my face!

I currently travel long distances for work, but am hoping this will change as my wife and my business takes off for which the little smart will be a promotional vehicle - especially in Aus, they certainly stand out!

The car itself has a few little things for me to sort. Tyres are kts biggest need, but a small oil leak and a thump as you first take off. Car has a full service history and is in a really great shape!

Looking forward to what the next few years of smart brings!

Thanks everyone!

received_849424479176077.jpeg

2 people like this

Welcome, grab a beverage and start the search for all things Smart.....There's plenty to see and do if you are so inclined.

Nice car looks in great shape.

Let the moding begin.....

1 person likes this

Welcome to the Club Aussiesmart. 

Got to be the best sites for help/advice/parts and good banter.

I live in Bonnie Scotland and never got the answers I need on the UK sites, so I Joined this amazing Canadian site and within a couple of hours I got the help and info and answer that I was needing. Because of the answer I got here I can now go ahead and do the conversion that I wanted to do, doing away with the dreaded MHD system on my little smart. 

All I got on the UK sites was "It cant be done".

But I knew I could with the correct info. (which I got on here).

John.

Edited by johnaboyy
spelling
1 person likes this

Welcome to the club.

Our 450s here in Canada have a small thump when you first start, when the anti lock brakes do a self check.  Only happens once after your initial start.

All the 450s here in Canada are diesel so it usually the intercooler EGR system that causes the oil leaks.

Alan