Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willys

Hmmmm....? A very interesting series....can we relate?

8 posts in this topic

I am watching these two guys shoe horn a 4 wheel drive system out of a Toyota into a original Mini......and got me wondering......how much different in size is the Smart to a Mini......Hmmmm.....?????
It's a very interesting channel on Youtube if you have plenty of time to waste, that is IF you enjoy watching how things are made correctly....lol.    Enjoy.......

Yes I know it's not Smart Car related, directly....but.....is it...?

1 person likes this

There's barely anything left of the donor Mini in the end. You could probably do something similar with a smart, but… why?

Hmmmm....???
IF, ....you need to ask why.....then I'll understand you aren't someone who likes to build vehicles to do far more than they were designed to do from the factory....my term for that mental obsession is called moding...lol.   It's what I have been doing for 40 years....I still haven't figured out if this obsession is cheaper or more expensive than drinking, smoking or going out to the bars....?   I won't include chasing women as we all know that one beats them both...lol.

I also think they have kept enough of the original shape and look for anyone to realize what it started life as.  Similar to starting with a 450 Smart imho.     No, I don't have enough time left or drive to complete another project of that magnitude.  

WHY....?????          Because we can.....lol

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

Again, you're not infected....lol.
Then I say....why not...lol

Posted (edited) · Report post

my father has some stories from trade school in the 60's....one guy had a mini like that and jambed a chevy 327 into it.....

he says when you hit the gas youd never know which sidewalk it was going to hit

Edited by LooseLugNuts
1 person likes this

7 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

my father has some stories from trade school in the 60's....one guy had a mini like that and jambed a chevy 327 into it.....

he says when you hit the gas youd never know which sidewalk it was going to hit

LOL....I think those days are long long gone now.....it was fun seeing what could be done to anything for some reason or another....imho...far far better than kids sitting in front of a computer playing video games 23 hours out of the day.    Even tuning now is a simple plink of the keys....no more trial and error of finding hard parts and making them work better to gain performance......it's all programing the computer to gain massive HP dyno pulls.   Almost cheating.....imho.

There is a guy in our village that has a Morris Minor with a 472 CI V-8 in it.  Scary when he stands on it.