Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willys

Hmmmm....could it fit...?

3 posts in this topic

Just for shit's and giggles.....I was watching a you tube clip of someone who had implanted a BMW bike engine into a Hillman IMP....I used to own a modified IMP back in the day.....always blowing head gaskets and continuously setting up the twin carbs.....

but.....could this fit into a ....?

Image result for BMW bike engine

Or a version of it...?  Almost makes a typical bike powered Smart drivable.....imho....also no massive upright screaming fire breathing monster pounding your eardrums into submission....from what I see of the typical 1000cc bike powered Smarts....

Just another day of thinking for no reason .....as we all freeze to death in the cold snap...lol

Thoughts.....and yes we can dream .....

cooling might be a problem

i guess they rely on open air in bike application but without shrouds it wont get enough air (that engine really reminds me of the old air cooled vw without the fan and shrouds )

Yes the air cooled version would be an issue but they have a water cooled one as well in the more modern versions   I think..?   I just picked this pic as a size and shape example....I bet the torque of these engines and quietness would be a winner all round...IF you could get it in....