Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaMadBoy

Smart 450 Brabus Engine & Gearbox

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I recently came across a brabus engine and gearbox for a 450 and have considered getting it but I wanted to ask what the pros and cons would be. The engine is a 0.7 litre like my current engine so how does it produce almost double the bhp?

Would the fuel consumption increase massively as well? The engine also has 75,000 miles on the clock so will it be worth getting or is it likely to die not long after being installed? My last engine I had to replace at 84k miles but I don't think the previous owners looked after the engine so I replaced it. I have been looking after my new engine, servicing it myself, changing oil every 5k miles and using premium fuel to keep the engine running for as long as possible. 

So, any thoughts and advice on the brabus engine? 

My question would be why was the Brabus engine taken out, did come from a wrecker? You will need the GPU that came with this and is it a Brabus engine? Their a lot of noticeable differences between this engine and standard.

17 hours ago, Wild! said:

My question would be why was the Brabus engine taken out, did come from a wrecker? You will need the GPU that came with this and is it a Brabus engine? Their a lot of noticeable differences between this engine and standard.

I can only assume it has come from a wrecked brabus 450 as it does not specify where it came from. It is definitely a brabus engine. Apparently, so the seller tells me, brabus engines last longer than the standard 450 engine but I was hoping someone here could confirm that. 

I've only been driving 1 year and 7 months so my experience with cars is limited but I am learning.