TedTheBear

WANTED: Diesel Injectors, Smart Fortwo 450

3 posts in this topic

Howdy y'all. Looking for 3 diesel injectors for 2005 Smart Fortwo 450. Will take either new or reconditioned. Anybody have some, or know where I can get them? Thanks  -- TedTheBear

In most cases you can just replace the nozzles (around $50/60 each). I think there are Bosch ones on Amazon or on Ali express.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:32 PM, TedTheBear said:

Howdy y'all. Looking for 3 diesel injectors for 2005 Smart Fortwo 450. Will take either new or reconditioned. Anybody have some, or know where I can get them? Thanks  -- TedTheBear

Do a search on the site, I have posted many times exactly where to purchase them from and yes in the $50 range each.   BUT you should get your injectors sonic cleaned at the same time imho to get the full benefit of new nozzles.  The nozzle caps can be very stubborn to get loose, so a solid vice and some muscle will be required and or heat!  Also new injector seals will be required for the reinstallation.  A dealer item and cheap!  I have done many and just doing the above seems to work very well, no need to take them to a specialized shot to get them tested or re-calibrated....imho....to each their own.