TedTheBear

WANTED: Diesel Injectors, Smart Fortwo 450

4 posts in this topic

Howdy y'all. Looking for 3 diesel injectors for 2005 Smart Fortwo 450. Will take either new or reconditioned. Anybody have some, or know where I can get them? Thanks  -- TedTheBear

Glenn should have a set somewhere..? I think i also do but not sure.....and I can sonic clean them, but would strongly suggest buying new nozzles if you can afford.  You can use old ones but I'll bet they won't work as well as new ones...just saying.  I'm not sure what a set of cleaned or used injectors are worth...?  I can't remember what they are worth new or such...New nozzles are roughly $50 each, that's nozzle/needle set nothing else.

Thanks Willys. Found some at a scrapyard, $200 each (holy s#$% they're expensive!). Then AFTER I ordered them a buddy said he could sonic clean mine.

1 person likes this

Spend the money and get new nozzles, you'll thank me later...lol.  Sure the cleaned ones will work but not as efficiently as in MPGs....The nozzles are listed here somewhere and if not i can find where you can buy them if you want.  I was lucky the last time I went to a wrecker, I convinced him that how many Smart car owners will ever come looking for injectors for this little car....and I got them for less that what you paid for 1....OK, sorry.  I do not know if this is correct or not but, I think there is a small movement towards the CDI Smart Cars as I also see the prices of used parts climbing.