Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaMadBoy

How much would you pay for my Smart 450?

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

To start, I'm not actually trying to sell my car here, I am simply curious as to what people would pay for my car. I am actually considering selling my car after owning it for two years but this is mostly to see what people think it's worth. So it is a Smart 450 2006. The bumblebee image and wording are all stickers and can easily be peeled off.

IMG_20200902_160954.jpg

This is all the work I've done to the car since I owned it:

Suspension Arm
Brake Light Reflector

Boot Net
Internal Dash Trims
Radio Fascia
Anti-roll bar links
Lambda Sensor
Front Wipers
Oil Filter
New Engine
New Rear Brake Pipes

New Exhaust
New Steering Wheel Column
Near Side Front Wheel Bearing
New Rear Tyres
Front Lower Ball Joints
Rear Wiper

Pollen Filter
Performance Brake Discs Front
Performance Brake Pads
New Wiper Assembly
LED Number Plate Lights

Night Breaker H7 Bulbs
Performance Brake Shoes Rear

Rear Brake cylinders

LED Side Indicators

Night Breaker H1 Bulbs
Pioneer Car Radio With Bluetooth, Android Auto & Apply CarPlay
Under Seat Drawer Storage
Replacement Aerial
Clutch & Flywheel Kit
Cup Holder
Central Rear Stop Lamp Bulbs
New Car Battery
New Front Tyres

Wheel Alignment
New Starter Motor

Obviously I have serviced it twice so far, once at kwikfit, the second time I done it myself.

Edited by DaMadBoy
Update

You won't like the answer you're going to get I'm afraid...lol.
It all depends upon mileage and interior condition to start with then what you have done to it, but after all it is a 2006 vehicle with limited interest.  We may think it's worth plenty as owners but as purchasers we know what is what and how much it can withstand etc etc.  Then look at what model it is...

Sorry you wouldn't get much for it in Canada I'm afraid.....even if the engine was brand new installed  with clutch etc etc....regular maintenance items are simply non issue items when it comes to resale and a Smart isn't a performance car just a strange little city car over here.  Your best guess to find a value is your local resale listings , I'm afraid.  I also know what older vehicles go for in England as my cousins buy cars for pennies on the dollar compared to what we pay for them here in Canada also. 

So again, don't want to upset your apple cart buddy, so I'll keep quiet....imho.

9 hours ago, Willys said:

You won't like the answer you're going to get I'm afraid...lol.
It all depends upon mileage and interior condition to start with then what you have done to it, but after all it is a 2006 vehicle with limited interest.  We may think it's worth plenty as owners but as purchasers we know what is what and how much it can withstand etc etc.  Then look at what model it is...

Sorry you wouldn't get much for it in Canada I'm afraid.....even if the engine was brand new installed  with clutch etc etc....regular maintenance items are simply non issue items when it comes to resale and a Smart isn't a performance car just a strange little city car over here.  Your best guess to find a value is your local resale listings , I'm afraid.  I also know what older vehicles go for in England as my cousins buy cars for pennies on the dollar compared to what we pay for them here in Canada also. 

So again, don't want to upset your apple cart buddy, so I'll keep quiet....imho.

I welcome honesty. :D

To be honest I just traded my car in for a Honda Civic. I need to get used to driving a manual car again as I haven't driven one for almost 2 years.

1 person likes this