Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willys

Distance driven during COVID....!

14 posts in this topic

Well it seems I have driven only 8000 kms since last summer, that is a record low number for me...WOW..!!!
I would say I would easily do 5 times that yearly......things had better change this coming year or  I will need to find more ways to entertain myself I'm sure. 
I thought I had done far more than this number for sure, but the service schedule was set for 8000 kms and it was up. The other thing was I thought I had a supply of oil filters as I normally do....none!  But the auto parts store at the end of my street got 3 in for me over night. I need to use him more, damn!

So, how many kms has everyone else driven in the past year...?

Probably less than you in my smart and Brenda did 8,000 in her car.  I think that works out to about half of what we would normally do.

Nigel

I’ve been driving a lot less also.

I’m currently getting around 1 month to the gallon. :)

1 person likes this

covid does not affect my driving habits at all

selling my 450 and just using my truck sure does though ...

Picked up my first Smart 3 months ago and already put over 5,000km on it :D

1 hour ago, DTA said:

Picked up my first Smart 3 months ago and already put over 5,000km on it :D

Welcome to the site.....best Smart Car site ....imho....Enjoy....so far you're winning....

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

covid does not affect my driving habits at all

selling my 450 and just using my truck sure does though ...

LMFAO....!

That'll teach ya....!

I have driven less than 100 miles in the last year.  Not really due to Covid, but I have been having a lot of knee problems ( need both replaced) so my wife does most of the driving in her van.

2 hours ago, 1983JZR3W said:

I have driven less than 100 miles in the last year.  Not really due to Covid, but I have been having a lot of knee problems ( need both replaced) so my wife does most of the driving in her van.

Damn...sorry to hear this, you are winning the opposite end of the scale I'm afraid...lol

Here's hoping you get a new set soon. My mother in law and also father had both their knees done, worked like brand new afterwards......running around like chickens with their heads cut off afterwards...lol

1 person likes this

I think I've been driving more since COVID. Since we couldn't go to restaurants and shopping...wife and I found ourselves taking day trip drives to the mountains and back. Usually go from Edmonton to Rocky Mountain House, Saskatchewan Crossings, Jasper, Hinton, and then home. We pack snacks and drinks (not the fun kind) for the day. We usually go at least once a month, round trip around 900km.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, stickman007 said:

I think I've been driving more since COVID. Since we couldn't go to restaurants and shopping...wife and I found ourselves taking day trip drives to the mountains and back. Usually go from Edmonton to Rocky Mountain House, Saskatchewan Crossings, Jasper, Hinton, and then home. We pack snacks and drinks (not the fun kind) for the day. We usually go at least once a month, round trip around 900km.

That is as they say God's country...one day I may just live out there and do the same.

I've been many times in/on many vehicles.....until you have experienced the mountains on the 2 lane back roads you just don't understand the beauty of it.  Love it.

I cycled from Jasper to Banff in two days with my son 6 years ago - if you think it's very nice in a car, it is far, FAR nicer on a bicycle.  We get there once a year in normal circumstances, or at least to the Selkirks and Purcells.

2 hours ago, MikeT said:

I cycled from Jasper to Banff in two days with my son 6 years ago - if you think it's very nice in a car, it is far, FAR nicer on a bicycle.  We get there once a year in normal circumstances, or at least to the Selkirks and Purcells.

I have done it 3 times on a KLR650 fully modified to ride around the world on. Toronto-Wiinipeg-Edmonton-Dawson Creek-Whitehorse-Dawson City-Inuvik-Dawson City-down the Cassier Highway-Prince George-Kanloops-Banff-Calgary-Winnipeg-Toronto
Dropped down to Vancouver Island in the middle of that trip the second time, the last time went across the top above the prairies....boring that was...
The first time I drove a 1947 Willys Cj2a across to Kaslo and drove up to the alpine medows on the old mining trails. When sitting at the very peek of the mountain you are in another world.
This was the very reasoning for buying a SMART CAR for me. A cheap vehicle to drive and possibly convert the passenger side to sleep in or tow a very light weight trailer.  This is why my good car is getting restored completely....it has a purpose.
It won't be like sitting on a motorcycle watching all the scenery going by but close enough...imho.

My last trip was a 5 week ride and covered 26,000 kms.  Totally amazing!

The nice thing about doing it on a bicycle is it takes about 13 hours in the saddle if going moderately and every minute of it is spectacular!

Edited by MikeT